Photoshop (program background) Transparency

DFX

OSNN Senior Addict
Is there a way to make the background on Photoshop transparent at all? Like on the Mac...

photoshoptop04162002.jpg

I would like to make the background of Photoshop transparent thankyouplease.

Maybe Buy a Mac....?? Try Writing Adobe Support..they would be the ones that could really anwser your request.

do you want the background of the pic transparent ?? I dont know how or why you are comparing this to a Mac... Adobe Photoshop is a program and it works on a PC a well as a Mac... repeating your question is not answering mine. can you be more specific ??

He's trying to get the actual GREY back of the program, to dissapear, so it essentially only shows the tool bars, menu bars, and the actual picture.

windows xp is capable of that, nvidia's drivers have also some sort of that ability

Ok I think I understand now... you want to be able to use a different background to represent a transparent image in Photoshop...
Easy to do, Open Photoshop > click Edit > Preferences > click Transparency and Gamut and there is where you can make a transparent look different for editing. I hope I got that right :D

Im trying to get the actual GREY back of the program, to dissapear, so it essentially only shows the tool bars, menu bars, and the actual picture.

the best I can say is the you can drag the toolbar and other pallette stuffs to your desktop and try and make the PS window as small as possible, I am not sure why you would want to do this and wheather it can be done the way you want. Also mess with the stuff under the 'Window' menu in the toolbar at the top. Just remember you uncheck it and it goes away. Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back