Photoshop problem - please help!

M

mavis

Just out of curiousity, I am wondering if anyone has this problem:

When I use any tool in Photoshop (Lasso, Brush, Eraser, etc) for more than about 15 seconds or so, all of my menus/toolbars go blank - they turn white - the tool continues to function, and as soon as I release the mouse button, everything is back to normal.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks / mavis

ps this happened on two completely different PCs, using both PS 6.0 and PS 7.0 on both machines

This is as close to helping as I can come...

I don't think I've ever held down the mouse button that long while using a Photoshop filter [I'm lazy :) ], I do have that problem in Flash 5. When I'm running the Trace Bitmap function, the toolbar and panels go away.

Very weird. (Sorry I didn't have an answer, but figured you'd feel better if you weren't the only one!)

Good luck

reset your copy of photoshop to defaults and see if that helps

sorry for the useless info

are you using any of those cute cursorxp full-animated mouse pointers?!

if u have a legit copy of photoshop (which u need to be rich to own 600 bucks what is that?!) u can get the update 7.1 fixes that issue.

Originally posted by Krux
if u have a legit copy of photoshop (which u need to be rich to own 600 bucks what is that?!) u can get the update 7.1 fixes that issue.

But why would ver. 6 and 7 both have this issue? That would be rather strange.

I didn't know it was an issue in 6.
Well, it is, cause this happens to me in Photoshop 6 too, but i've learnt to live with it, and work quicker:D

It is actually a stupid refresh problem with Nvidia. at least thats where i notice it. i never saw that problem untill i put a geforce 3 in my computer. i used to have a voodoo 5 and before that a voodoo 3. It does it on multiple programs, and yes, i bought photoshop, and yes i have the update, and no it wasn ot addressed correctly. may have something to do with refresh, but i dont know, just know your not the only one that is experiencing the retardedness;)

well if u do have an nvidia card new drivers came out a few days ago maybe try those? see what happens.

i use ps 6 on an xp home with an ATI card. i do use the filters for a long time, sometimes up to a minute, and ive never ahd that prob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back