Photoshop/Illustrator/PaintShopPro Support - Help, Tutorials, Setting etc

• Thread starter PseudoKiller
  • Start date
PseudoKiller said:
ahh transparency is not a color and does not have a hexidecimal value. In a graphics program you can set a value to represent a color that will be removed when saving it as a *gif or *png But you have save it in those formats only because they are 2 of maybe 3 formats which can do transparencies. What are you trying to do anyway?? and what program are you trying to do it in??

ahh, I should have been more specific, my apologies - I'm using photoshop, and I was wondering how to modify the opacity in a layer based on the black saturation, superspecifically... I have an x-ray image, which is white on black, and I was wondering if it was possible to have all colors (the absolute blacks to the varying grays), based on their black content, swap that black content for a degree of opacity...

NerdUprising said:
ahh, I should have been more specific, my apologies - I'm using photoshop, and I was wondering how to modify the opacity in a layer based on the black saturation, superspecifically... I have an x-ray image, which is white on black, and I was wondering if it was possible to have all colors (the absolute blacks to the varying grays), based on their black content, swap that black content for a degree of opacity...
yes ... but it can be a little complicated.. . and I am too drunk to explain.
Choices are upload the image and I can try or wait till I am sober... yeah those are the choices... sober aint happening tonite. nope not tonite. nope.
yeha

PseudoKiller said:
yes ... but it can be a little complicated.. . and I am too drunk to explain.
Choices are upload the image and I can try or wait till I am sober... yeah those are the choices... sober aint happening tonite. nope not tonite. nope.
yeha

hehe, at least one of us is... I am lacking in the liquor department, have to settle for being caffinated out of my mind instead. Enjoy the drunkenness for both of us :D

just a small question;

when using photoshop, i want my text/design/graphic(s), to be very sharp. I see sig's like Geffy's and everything is so perfectly sharp. Is there a way I can get some sort of "anti-aliasing" look to all my graphics?

Depends on the source. If you have am image that is not to blurry then you can use the sharpen tool in PS7 but if the image is too blurry then you might have some slight problems. Remember garbage in - garbage out.
You can also adjust the histogram to fine tune an image. Text is easy since in the Font pallette you have the option to to Sharp, Crisp, Smooth or Strong.

Here's something that would seem relatively easy, but I have been puzzled as to how to do it for a while:

How would I go about creating an opacity gradient... ie preserving the colors in a layer's contents, but having the opacity fade from 100-0 (or some other number combination) gradually from top to bottom, side to side, from a point in the middle, etc?

I would like to request for a tutorial for this yet undetermined method of manipulating photos. I've seen it before, but never had interest til now to try it out.

Thanks for any help provided.

Are you telling me someone drew that with a blank canvas? I've seen tutorials where they've taken a photograph and converted into something similiar to the above.

Look at Nerduprising's sig figure, it is similiar on a less detailed scale.

There are pretty much 2 different ways to create a vector image.
1. Take the image and painstakenly trace and contour the image in Illustrator and when you are done you will have a true vector image
2. Open Photoshop go to Filter > Artistic > Cutout ... this can give you a good version of a vector but not a true vector image. Plus you can do some adjusting under Image > Adjustments > Levels and work with those settings to fine tune it.

Need Help With Alpha Layers

Hello all,

Its been a long time. I am trying to do something here with Photoshop and I have no clue how to go about it. Essentially, a friend of mine is creating a map for Star Wars JKA and he is trying to modify a couple of the tiles to fit what he needs. I have zipped the files up and they can be downloaded HERE. I did this because the one file is 1024x1024 and the others are TGA's and I didn't know how they would be handled.

The effect I am trying to achieve is to take the footprints and make them match the color of the gauntsand.jpg tile instead of the snow tile that they were originally from and also the snowpuff.tga's as well. I believe the Alpha Layer has to be edited somehow but I have no clue what I need to do. The map editor requires the tga's for some reason but I know nothing about the JK Editing tools and my friend know's even less about Photoshop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Val

How would u guys do in photo shop the pics like the ipod ads? i wanna make one of me later when i get my ipod for my site

Thanks for sharing Tuffgong4. Will look into those soon...

there are many more those are just the ones I bookmarked...as I find more I will post more :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back