Photoshop/Illustrator/PaintShopPro Support - Help, Tutorials, Setting etc

• Thread starter PseudoKiller
  • Start date
Version/Installation question

OK Guys, I am a real noobie to graphics and PSP so bear with me and forgive me if this is slightly OT...

I decided to go for PSP as my graphics tool, downloaded a trial version of Release 8 and did a few bits. OK so I like it. Then a friend says "Hey, I got a spare copy of Release 7- there ya go!" (swapped for spare PSU). That's the story so far, also bear in mind I have a network with 2 PCs I want to run this on....

Now two questions:-
1. Are there features in Release 8 that would make me want it more than Release 7?

2. Is it OK to install my registered version (the seven one) on both PC's.

3. Is there anything I need to be aware of with the uninstall I presume I'll have to do with the trial version (eight), which, BTW, is on both machines?

Many thanks for your answers in advance - I'm sure you folks will have been round this loop before and offer sound advice ;)

you will have to read EULA in PSP. As far as I can tell you can not swap a program for a PSU and it be legal. If you are reallt concerned with the legalize on it all you should contact JASC themselves and see what they have to say. Please do not ask for help for programs you did not purchase yourself.

awwww C'mon guys

PseudoKiller said:
can not swap a program for a PSU and it be legal.....Please do not ask for help for programs you did not purchase yourself.
Oh Lord - please don't let me be misunderstood!
:confused:
It was a trade I made with a personal friend that had a boxed/wrapped copy of PSP, so although I did not pay with cash I did legitimately come by a legit. copy. There is absolutely no question of me doing anything illegal!
:confused:
I hope I made my point, and that I may get some feedback on different Release levels without having to buy BOTH! That's my point you see?

PS - is my sig in guidelines now? I sure hope so! :confused:

PK, your a horrible man sometimes.

Rules with an Iron fist he does, communist i suspect. :D

Unistall the version 8 from your system, then install the legit version 7 on your machine. Regarding the other machine, i would check your Licence as PK says. As for the differences between 7 and 8 have a look at their websitse www.jasc.com and see what it says there. You could even email them as you might get a discount on upgrading as you have the previous version. TBH they will probably let you put version 7 on th eother machine if you e-mail them about it coz im sure you will be one of the few who actually bother to check.

Question 3 anyone?

Mainframeguy said:

Well I got an answer to 1. and here is what I found on 2. from the JASC site, incase anyone's interested this link may give info from EUL (I'll paste it if link is too dynamic!)

But as for 1. I have yet to discover (although I could buy both versions and post the answer I believe that would be overkill (even if it would maybe impress PK :p )

Hehehe,
Software companies suck.

As for point 3, its OK, I dont think he will complain now, he's probably too busy beating up someone to care anyhoo.

:D

I dont hit ppl... I am buzy will java programming and I am having a hell of a time so I am in a not so good mood. grr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather be doing graphics I HATE JAVA !!!!!
back to the topic.

I will post...

when JACsoft tell me if I can install Version 7 both places and then upgrade on one (my idea, as you may guess!) :p

whoa!

TheBlueRaja said:
Hehehe,
Software companies suck.

As for point 3, its OK, I dont think he will complain now, he's probably too busy beating up someone to care anyhoo.

:D
I got my numbers mixed! Editted it right now - only thing with no answer is Version difference ("What's New in...") question.

And I totally understand PK's position - we all know too much Java can make you jittery and even (in extremis) get the shakes, let's just hope it doesn't affect his trigger finger! (** double click ** double click ** j/k) :p :D :p

|PK| You once told me of some plugins for IR, what were they? Do you remember or is brain as old as mine? :p

Are you talking about the actions for ImageReady?? Attached are what I have and use.... :D

quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframeguy

GRANT OF LICENSE. The Software Product is licensed, not sold. Subject to the condition that you are in compliance with the terms of this EULA: (a) you may install and use one copy of the Software Product, or any prior version for the same operating system, on a single computer for use by a single simultaneous operator; and (b) you may install a single copy of the Software Product, strictly for your own personal use, on one portable computer owned by you. No other use, copying or distribution of the Software Product is permitted. You may not rent the Software Product, nor may you offer use of it to others through a service bureau or application service provider. If you are installing this copy of the Software Product as an upgrade, update, patch or enhancement of a prior release of the same Software Product which was installed on the same computer, your rights under the prior license agreement for the Software Product are terminated, and all of your use of the Software Product (including its prior versions) are solely under the terms of this license agreement.

Put one on yer PC at home and one on a Laptop.

And Yeah there are a few differences between version 7 and version 8. Plus everything has been moved around. I had been using versions 6 and 7 for ever, then they throw me for a loop with the layout of version 8.

Read these pages I have linked to, they have reviews of version 8.

http://software.reviewindex.com/reviews/B00008ZGOE.html

http://hardwarecentral.dealtime.com...Pro_Full_Version_K_PSP8_USRTL~RD-126791028356

This last one is loooong but well written.

http://www.alamopc.org/pcalamode/reviews/current/R20031007.shtml

gonaads said:
quote:
Put one on yer PC at home and one on a Laptop.

a reason to get a laptop? :p

Seriously though many thanks for the excellent and informative post and links - now I really should sharpen up my sig one day, if I ever figure out how to use PSP effectively (maybe March, I hope!)

thanks again gonaads - you came through with what I was seeking :cool:

Anyone recognize these fonts?I lost the psd and I cant tell.

latest.jpg

jan said:
Anyone recognize these fonts?I lost the psd and I cant tell.

latest.jpg
Sorry but most fonts look the same to me... why cant you jus use something close like Tahoma or Courier ??

This may be a super-easy question to answer, but regardless, I dont really know how to figure it out:

any way to convert a specific color (in this case-black) to transparency?
as in if there was an image that had a high black saturation, could the black (and colors containing black) become a degree of transparency (ie #000000 = 0% opacity, #ffffff = 100% opacity) ... or would that just be plain impossible?

ahh transparency is not a color and does not have a hexidecimal value. In a graphics program you can set a value to represent a color that will be removed when saving it as a *gif or *png But you have save it in those formats only because they are 2 of maybe 3 formats which can do transparencies. What are you trying to do anyway?? and what program are you trying to do it in??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back