Photoshop/Illustrator/PaintShopPro Support - Help, Tutorials, Setting etc

NerdUprising

[ Method ]
PseudoKiller said:
ahh transparency is not a color and does not have a hexidecimal value. In a graphics program you can set a value to represent a color that will be removed when saving it as a *gif or *png But you have save it in those formats only because they are 2 of maybe 3 formats which can do transparencies. What are you trying to do anyway?? and what program are you trying to do it in??

ahh, I should have been more specific, my apologies - I'm using photoshop, and I was wondering how to modify the opacity in a layer based on the black saturation, superspecifically... I have an x-ray image, which is white on black, and I was wondering if it was possible to have all colors (the absolute blacks to the varying grays), based on their black content, swap that black content for a degree of opacity...

P

PseudoKiller

NerdUprising said:
ahh, I should have been more specific, my apologies - I'm using photoshop, and I was wondering how to modify the opacity in a layer based on the black saturation, superspecifically... I have an x-ray image, which is white on black, and I was wondering if it was possible to have all colors (the absolute blacks to the varying grays), based on their black content, swap that black content for a degree of opacity...
yes ... but it can be a little complicated.. . and I am too drunk to explain.
Choices are upload the image and I can try or wait till I am sober... yeah those are the choices... sober aint happening tonite. nope not tonite. nope.
yeha

NerdUprising

[ Method ]
PseudoKiller said:
yes ... but it can be a little complicated.. . and I am too drunk to explain.
Choices are upload the image and I can try or wait till I am sober... yeah those are the choices... sober aint happening tonite. nope not tonite. nope.
yeha

hehe, at least one of us is... I am lacking in the liquor department, have to settle for being caffinated out of my mind instead. Enjoy the drunkenness for both of us :D

Standard

OSNN Junior Addict
just a small question;

when using photoshop, i want my text/design/graphic(s), to be very sharp. I see sig's like Geffy's and everything is so perfectly sharp. Is there a way I can get some sort of "anti-aliasing" look to all my graphics?

P

PseudoKiller

Depends on the source. If you have am image that is not to blurry then you can use the sharpen tool in PS7 but if the image is too blurry then you might have some slight problems. Remember garbage in - garbage out.
You can also adjust the histogram to fine tune an image. Text is easy since in the Font pallette you have the option to to Sharp, Crisp, Smooth or Strong.

NerdUprising

[ Method ]
Here's something that would seem relatively easy, but I have been puzzled as to how to do it for a while:

How would I go about creating an opacity gradient... ie preserving the colors in a layer's contents, but having the opacity fade from 100-0 (or some other number combination) gradually from top to bottom, side to side, from a point in the middle, etc?

_ronin

OSNN Addict
I would like to request for a tutorial for this yet undetermined method of manipulating photos. I've seen it before, but never had interest til now to try it out.

Thanks for any help provided.

_ronin

OSNN Addict
Are you telling me someone drew that with a blank canvas? I've seen tutorials where they've taken a photograph and converted into something similiar to the above.

Look at Nerduprising's sig figure, it is similiar on a less detailed scale.

P

PseudoKiller

There are pretty much 2 different ways to create a vector image.
1. Take the image and painstakenly trace and contour the image in Illustrator and when you are done you will have a true vector image
2. Open Photoshop go to Filter > Artistic > Cutout ... this can give you a good version of a vector but not a true vector image. Plus you can do some adjusting under Image > Adjustments > Levels and work with those settings to fine tune it.

Valek

OSNN One Post Wonder
Need Help With Alpha Layers

Hello all,

Its been a long time. I am trying to do something here with Photoshop and I have no clue how to go about it. Essentially, a friend of mine is creating a map for Star Wars JKA and he is trying to modify a couple of the tiles to fit what he needs. I have zipped the files up and they can be downloaded HERE. I did this because the one file is 1024x1024 and the others are TGA's and I didn't know how they would be handled.

The effect I am trying to achieve is to take the footprints and make them match the color of the gauntsand.jpg tile instead of the snow tile that they were originally from and also the snowpuff.tga's as well. I believe the Alpha Layer has to be edited somehow but I have no clue what I need to do. The map editor requires the tga's for some reason but I know nothing about the JK Editing tools and my friend know's even less about Photoshop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Val

Kush

High On Life!
How would u guys do in photo shop the pics like the ipod ads? i wanna make one of me later when i get my ipod for my site

~bk

I
Political User
Thanks for sharing Tuffgong4. Will look into those soon...

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
there are many more those are just the ones I bookmarked...as I find more I will post more :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordov130