Photoshop CS2 in Vista

N

Not Bman

I'm trying to install Photoshop in Vista, and when it gets to the part where I choose where to install it, no matter what I choose it says its invalid please choose another directory or such.

Whats going on?

Is there a reason you are changing the path? You may have to create the folders yourself prior to choosing it?

I installed Creative Suite 2.3 last week and had no problems during the installation and have no problems using the software under Windows Vista.

I created the folders before hand and now it installed, thats weird.

So many things I need to get used it, or get fixed lol.

For some reason I said fuggit and just went with Paint.NET 3.0... is this issue common? I'm glad I did not go the way of Adobe.

Adobe Photoshop CS2 (for Windows) was designed for XP. There are somethings that may not work the same under Vista, such as the installer screaming about the path being invalid.

After you create it manually it is no longer invalid. =)

Yea I have noticed some things, you think there going to give an update? Or just screw us and only support Vista in CS3 lol

I doubt anything will come out for CS2 (Creative Suite, Photoshop, etc.) that will make it more compatible.

From what I've read, CS3 is being developed with Vista in mind.

I have actually purchased the Windows Vista Ultimate Edition, and have a purchased version of CS2 completely updated, and have had no problems other then one hang after browsing 800 12mb JPG wedding photos. But i cannot say Photoshop didnt do that with XP, so i have no complaints. As of now, it is just going to be the variances of software installed and your hardware that cause the issues. I think Adobe will put out another update to help the compatibility, but it was built with the basis of XP. Guess time will tell.

B - did you run the install as Administrator?

Vista doesn't give any software rights to the C:\Program Files folder by default, so that may have been your issue. Not sure what may have changed when you created the folder yourself manually though.

B - did you run the install as Administrator?

Vista doesn't give any software rights to the C:\Program Files folder by default, so that may have been your issue. Not sure what may have changed when you created the folder yourself manually though.

yea its all good now, thats what it was.

works fine without any errors if installed with backward compatibility.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back