Photoshop and colours??

Keshik

OSNN Addict
Hi.
I'm having some trouble with my Photoshop CS colours, as I can't seem to get any vibrant colours, or even ones that look like those off a web page (I use the provided web #xxxxxx code). For example, my red (FF0000) looks like an orange, not a red, and a brick colour (700D0D) looks a lot drabber and blander than the version they have on the website tutorial I'm following. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Keshik said:
Hi.
I'm having some trouble with my Photoshop CS colours, as I can't seem to get any vibrant colours, or even ones that look like those off a web page (I use the provided web #xxxxxx code). For example, my red (FF0000) looks like an orange, not a red, and a brick colour (700D0D) looks a lot drabber and blander than the version they have on the website tutorial I'm following. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
check to make sure you dont have you monitor's contrast turned up and or in PS check the color profile. Also in your computer's display settings make sure that the contrast or gamma is turned up.

I would set everything you have back to default such as monitor settings and PS CS settings and then go back and change what you like and see what makes the colors go bad

Choosing a "red" in PS CS
choose.png

my colour settings in PS CS
colour.png

Choosing the same red in PSP 7
psp.png

It's not my monitor, it's my PS settings, but they seem to be right. Shouldn't the basic defaults give me decent colour. Even using that color cheat sheet page, the reds look fine in the web browser, but as soon as I copy them into PS, they go orange. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

and wowey, just found something else out. Imageready displays the colours correctly. So that leaves JUST PS CS messing up...interesting...

Have you run Adobe Gamma from the control panel yet? You need to so it sets the correct colors for your monitor.

well if I look at those screen shots from a high angle on my laptop they are orange, if from a lower angle they are red :p

Geffy said:
well if I look at those screen shots from a high angle on my laptop they are orange, if from a lower angle they are red :p

except that I use a CRT not a LCD screen...

anyways, I figured out a solution. I changed my proof setup in the view menu. That seems to be a work around. And yes, I did use the gamma setup thing, it didn't change anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back