Photoshop 7

K

Kourou

I installed photoshop 7 but it cannot run. There is an error like this: Could Not Initialize Photoshop because of a program error. I tried to reinstall it up to 10 times. Also tried rebooting my computer and removing older versions but nothing happened. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

Was it a retail upgrade? If so, did you do anything to the previous version before you tried to install?

It's a full version...hm how do we call this? Not an upgrade, the other thing. I removed version 6.0 and everything which had to do with photoshop (folders, registry entries, etc.). But i still get this error...

Try removing it again and clean the registry of it. Install it again, see what happens.

One question. You already had an older version and you bought a full version of PS7? Are you sure it is not an upgrade? Not trying to be smart, just making sure.

YEs I'm sure its not an upgrade. I already unistalled it for 5+ times and cleaned the registry and everything which had to do with the program. The weird is that i installed it at another pc which also had photoshop 6 and works fine (this pc has Windows 98). So the problem is somewhere in Xp.

To be honest, I don't reckon Photoshop 7 is as polished as Photoshop 6 and ther are still a few issues that need to be worked out with it.

I have Photoshop 7.0 retail installed in XP with out any problems. I have version 5 and 6 installed and left them in for now. I wanted to test Photoshop 7 before deleting the others. I suspect you have a problem with your CD. Call Adobe and they will fix any problem for you. This Photoshop software is their "baby" and they support it like no other program!

I guess you didn't see what I 've written. I installed it at a pc with Windows 98 and works fine... so the problem is not on the cd

It works fine here, but my last installation it didn't bizarre! Adobe Acrobat did the same thing, but after formatting they worked fine, tho I am not suggesting that you do that...

because its a burned copy see im a good hacker i got the full version 3 months before its release and i have no problems with it

Originally posted by Parental Adviso
because its a burned copy see im a good hacker i got the full version 3 months before its release and i have no problems with it

Gee, you're cool like me. :D

Yeah, I had the beta for a while too.
I must be a good hacker too :p

i actually collect games and software i always have someone who needs something so i started geting what ever i could but my Photoshop 7 is full version

yeah i had that problem on xp also. but mine was a full version that someone had taken the time release out of which didnt do it very well. so i had a very smart guy to help me after i had had my limit of the bs. so to fix the error i just changed the date on my computer. don't know why the hacker couldnt remove it correctly ;) . But any how that was my problem and the error didnt say anything about time expiration.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back