Photoshop 7 question...

macromp

the retarded one
just wondering, how do you stop images "snapping" to the edges when you move it near to it, i can't explain it very well, errr if i wanted to put text in the very corner i'd type it and then drag it towards the corner then when i get close to any side it "snaps" to it (microsoft word term, dunno if it's right...) that's the best explaining i can do at this late hour, i sound like a proper retard...anyone know what i'm talking about?

Use the arrow keys on your keyboard once you place it near the correct position.

With the arrows you can move the image with no snapping.

Or just adjust the box so that it is bigger than the placeholder then it will not 'clip' or 'snap'

Skazzy

oooh, one more thing, how do you change the spacing between text characters? i used to know this... :-\

yep thats the easiest way, you can also put all the letters in different layers, but that is more work than pressing the spacebar

lol @ spacebar, what if i want the text closer together? when you change the text to vertical the space between the characters is a lot bigger, there's a way to make the space smaller...i'll find out...

ha! got it, you click in between the 2 characters and hold down the alt key then either press left or right arrow...spaceber, pff! amateurs! :p

the snap to thing is under View > Snap To
change it to none or untick which ever you dont want to use

the text thing, when you have the Text tool selected look at the text properties bar (at the top) and at the end of that there is a button, click that then change the horizontal spacing value

To change character spacing, look under the Window menu and check off 'Character'. That will give you access to all character options. The one you want is the field with the 'T' and the double headed arrow under it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back