Phonebooth (replies may contain spoiler info)

H

Herkalees

I saw it last night and thought it was great, until the ending. I can't really put my finger on it, but I don't think the ending was as good as it could've been...

Anyone else see it? What are your thoughts?

i saw it a few days ago. i must confess, i didn't like it much. it felt too much like a made-for-tv movie.

i thought some of the camera work was cool. but forrest whitaker (very talented actor) was just wasted.

all-in-all, i wouldn't recommend it. :(

it was so-so... :)

suspense build-up and the characters flaws could have been developed better...

all in all he just did not seem to be that flawed a character...

lying to people, screwing them over and cheating on your wife isn't flawed?

what r u smoking? ;)

Originally posted by Herkalees
I saw it last night and thought it was great, until the ending. I can't really put my finger on it, but I don't think the ending was as good as it could've been...

Anyone else see it? What are your thoughts?

It's received mixed reviews but I thought it was excellent. Not your run-of-the-mill drama, sci-fi or efx boasted film. The story-line was good, cinematography was great and the acting (with exception to Whitaker's awkward handling of his non-standard role) was great.

Idunno, I think the movie served it's purpose: Every member of the audience is able to relate to Colin Farrel's lifestyle, in one way or another (either on the giving or receiving end of his BS, or somewhere in the middle). It makes ya think realistically --something the genre batch has generally strayed from the past couple of years.

Well, that's my opinion anway. :happy:

first off, it was short, too short to be good, cheesy editing effects (ie multiple camera boxes) and VERY predictiable, I saw the (lame) ending comming from a mile away. they added some stupid 5 minute "hip-hop" intro to the movie just to make it hour 20 minutes long, the movie company asked for like 7 trailers to be on the movie, just to flil it out a bit.

The thing about the end that bothered me, was that they instantly brought the body down for Colin to see.

I thought that was pretty lame. No crime scene, outlining the body? Maybe a little investigating?

I also heard that the voice on the phone was redone post production. Forget who the original was and why they didnt keep his voice, but I thought that was weird.

I saw it for free so it wasnt really a loss.

Originally posted by Codasmd
I saw it for free so it wasnt really a loss.

ahhh... tis the only way to see films...

yeah, the more I think about the movie, the more of a disapointment it is, it just was so very hollow, no real content, no leason learned, no impression left, I'll forget about it in a month or 2...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back