Phantom Typing

M

mvpinboynton

My computer has become possessed. When using Outlook Express with XP (on or off line) periodically your typing will be delayed and then a bunch of words and symbols will just start typing. I have been using XP since October without any problems and out of the blue a gremlin has come along. I talked with an IS guy at the office and he had it when he was using Office XP, but it went away when he went back to Office 2000. I have been using Office 2000 and never upgraded. I am stumped at what could have gone wrong. Any ideas?
Mike

Mike,

If you have a mic attached to the PC disable it or disconnect it from the system and see if that problem disappears. I had the same problem and had not configured voice recognition nor did I want to and my box was typing all sorts of weirdness all by itself. As soon as I unhooked the mic the problem went away. Hope this helps you out.

Compudox,
Thanks so much for the recommendation. When I first posted this message I got an email from a reader that told me the same thing. I have an on/off switch on the mike. I turned it off and haven't had problem since. It is great to be able to fix such a strange problem so easily. Thanks again for responding.
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back