Personal firewall leaktesting!

Be cautious trying this! Result look great but...

I have it installed and it is being problematic learning my allowed applications:

-AVG, IE, Mozilla, Outlook, Eudora learned/work fine.
-Ventillo/Server, learned ok, won't work through Comodo.
-Atomic Clock, BF2142, Fidelity AT hung on load, had to hit reset button. Leave system unstable even if you can break out of hung load.

I'll post back tomorrow with more info.

If you install anything else based on those results you may as well use nothing. It's that simple. I'll play around with comodo when I get back from work.

Check their forums - there may be work arounds until a later release fixes issues.

Haha...the firewalls that give me the most headaches and nightmares are at the top of the list. Let's just make a firewall that blocks any and all types of internet traffic by default; it'll be sure beat all the others!

Thats easy - unplug your modem.

Go get comodo and install it. Easy.

Just a shame there is no VISTA version (yet?)
the version 3.0 is in alpha, and has a 32 bit & 64 bit vista version availiable

you need to register at their forums to get it

DLD it, installed it, spent 30 mins authorising programms, deinstalled it.

RE-install it. It is THE best protection you are going to get at the moment. I'm not encountering any issues with it myself.

Do not install Comodo unless you want your system trashed!

I spent more time on it, gave up because it blocked/hung too many of my critical app's.

Uninstalled Comodo but I am still having problems with some of my app's not getting access or hanging. Badly behaved on a Win XP 32 system.

I still don't have my system fully restored. Now I have to start digging through the registry to find out what crap it left behind.

Reminds me of Norton's crap.

I doubt this is a comodo issue. I would examine your system more closely and your activites on your system.

I have it running flawlessly right now without issue.

Some of you here reporting issues with comodo are of questionable knowledge based on past advice given to other forum users. I am not in the habbit of recommending flawed software, some of you posting do. I strongly recommend comodo over other personal firewall applications.

always advisable to use something like acronis true image before you test/instal new programs, so if something does go wrong, you have zero problems if you decide you dont want the program anymore.. if you didnt, and your system doesnt work right.. then thats your own fault.. not all applications clean themselves up properly

can't wait for NOD security suite to come out on final. Wonder how it compares to these lot. lol :p

Edit: I meant ESET Smart Security.

have tried the beta 1 and beta 1a, very strange problems with its firewall. with vpn and also problems with my xbox360, given up on that for now, esset were pretty useless at providing any help or advice, so they can beta tests it themselves:)

I dumped it on and have no issues. Other than setting up a few programs manually for net access it is easy and straight forward. The interface almost reminds me of the sonicwall interface.

I have as of yet to try a hijack of the executable, use Rootkit tools to see if I can kick it. :D Or see if a boot time script or the like will kill it. Not today though.

RE-install it. It is THE best protection you are going to get at the moment. I'm not encountering any issues with it myself.

How did you do this then? I had to allow every single program to access another program, start another program, alter a file, open a file or map etc etc. The same questions returned even though I had ticked "remember answer" or "trusted program" (or something like this)

After 30 mins I was sick of it and got rid of it.

1) Run the wizard if you share files on your LAN or have a shared internet connection.

2) Scan for the known internet enabled programs.

3) Setup other unknown internet enabled programs.

I had about 12 items that it asked me about, and some I want as asking applications. Like WMP I don't want on the net all the time, so it askes every time I launch it. Then I can decide if there is a need for it to access the net.

Folding at home GPU clent is a strange setup, so I have the FAH.exe setup as able to access the net, and child programs fah_10a.exe (the core or actual work unit processor) able to start a connection and transmit data.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 81
I doubt this is a comodo issue. I would examine your system more closely and your activites on your system.

I have it running flawlessly right now without issue.

Some of you here reporting issues with comodo are of questionable knowledge based on past advice given to other forum users. I am not in the habbit of recommending flawed software, some of you posting do. I strongly recommend comodo over other personal firewall applications.

My system was fully functional and no connectivity issues with ZA before I tried comodo.

I uninstalled ZA as instructed, rebooted, installed Comodo, seemed like no problems.

Then I tried using games, messenger, voice chat, and critical vpn app's. Everything went to hell. Most items hung during first activation when trying to "allow access", several times I had to hit reset to unhang the system. Task manager was unable to regain control.

Cursor was flickering, applications that used internet were flashing on and off in task manager and could not be shut down.

Comodo is not VPN friendly.
-Ventrillo would not work through it even after added to the allowed list. IE developed stability issues.
-IE worked ok at first but later when I had several IE windows open and was using messenger to help a friend shop for upgrades IE started hanging and giving "servers not found".
-CuteFTP would not work through it.

Uninstall (purge) took 4 hours. Multiple uninstalls, 3 system restores to successivley older configurations, 3 registry edit sessions, 5 reboots, and I had to totally reinstall 2 applications that were corrupted by comodo.

It is now on the same list as Norton - The "Hell will freeze over before I reinstall" list.

Anyone who wants to try it, good luck and create a restore point first. If you are dependent on VPN, you have been warned.

TDU had issues at first, but after I got it registered it worked fine. VPN on sonicwall and RDC works fine for me.

Attachments

• VPNa.JPG
    VPNa.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 75

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back