Permissions do my head in

M

Mecham

OK this is a stupid question and I know the darn answer to the question but, I'm just having a Blonde Day. Logitech drivers work great with Vista for my keyboard and mouse. Oh it's SetPoint drivers by the way, Where was I yeah... Whenever Vista loads it wants me to give permission for Logitech Updates (Unicode) is there a way around this to grant permission to stop this from coming up all the time because its becoming very annoying now.

:mad:

Last edited:
Did you install under the built-in Administrator account or your own account? Also, I thought I read some where that SetPoint was not required for Vista that it had built-in support for new Logitech devices.

You could always disable automatic updating.

Did you install under the built-in Administrator account or your own account? Also, I thought I read some where that SetPoint was not required for Vista that it had built-in support for new Logitech devices.

You could always disable automatic updating.

My own account as an Administrator, and the driver do work with Vista it just keeps wanting to grant permission for this file every time I load.

After checking with a source, Logitech does not have a Vista compatible driver available, not even in public beta. That is probably why you are having this problem.

However, you could try to install as the built-in Administrator (which has more permissions and unrestricted access than your administrator account).

Or you can disable auto update checking.

After checking with a source, Logitech does not have a Vista compatible driver available, not even in public beta. That is probably why you are having this problem.

However, you could try to install as the built-in Administrator (which has more permissions and unrestricted access than your administrator account).

Or you can disable auto update checking.

I am probably about 45% through learning everything I need to know about Vista at the moment because I am the one who will be writing tutorial manuals for all the staff. :(

Oh sorry I have a really bad habit of not explaining things correctly. I do apologise. There are no Vista driver’s available at the moment but the Windows XP drivers 310 work fine on Vista.

As my previous post said, my source from within Logitech said the drivers are not designed for Vista and no public beta is available at this time. Even though they may work and you aren't flagged with any compatibility issues there may still be problems (such as the one you are having).

If you do not want to use the native support built-in to Vista then I would disable auto update checking.

As my previous post said, my source from within Logitech said the drivers are not designed for Vista and no public beta is available at this time. Even though they may work and you aren't flagged with any compatibility issues there may still be problems (such as the one you are having).

If you do not want to use the native support built-in to Vista then I would disable auto update checking.

Will do.

Thanks

Setpoint isnt available for Vista yet. How are you getting it to work?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back