• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PerfectDisk 9 causing BSOD??

ming

OSNN Advanced
Trying out PD9 on Vista but seems like I'm getting BSOD every time I try to defrag a driver that has less than 5% free space. Can't remember the details of the BSOD, but it mentioned something about 'physical memory dump 100%' whatever that means.

Anyone experienced the same thing on their machines?

Perris Calderon

Staff member
Political User
Trying out PD9 on Vista but seems like I'm getting BSOD every time I try to defrag a driver that has less than 5% free space. Can't remember the details of the BSOD, but it mentioned something about 'physical memory dump 100%' whatever that means.

Anyone experienced the same thing on their machines?
thanx for the heads up, contact raxco, see what's up

Sounds like it may be overflowing the disk using the pagefile.

Definitely let RAXCO know. They will want to fidn and fix it.

You mgiht try and set a fixed pagefile size and see if it works then to confirm it's a problem with virtual memory allocaiton.

Speaking of perfect disk. They have Version 8 on sale this weekend so I downloaded and tried their XP Suite and it wouldn't do anything on my laptop. It just did an analysis and then sat there. I finally uninstalled it.

Anyone else see this problem? It is not like the Raxco (V6) I know and love to have problems like this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies