PerfectDisk 25% Offer & Free Upgrade to PerfectDisk 9

American Zombie

Staff member
Political Access
Purchase any new or additional PerfectDisk 8 licenses with Raxco's 25% year-end coupon code by December 31st and Raxco will upgrade these licenses to the soon-to-be released PerfectDisk 9 absolutely free. This offer does not apply to previous purchases.

Code= PD94FREE

is this that much better then the vista defrag?

the xp defrag wasn't nearly as good as perfect but I'm told the vista is better

I sure wish there was a progress graph and a graph showing free space areas in the native utility though

I don't think I have ever defraged anything, any computer, ever!

It's worth defragging hard disks, the peformance gain is substantial.

Really? never would of thought that, so for XP, is PerfectDisc good?

Do you have to purchase the support and upgrade protection to get the update?

if you are an existing customer I think it makes things a lot cheaper.. email them and ask.

Let me ask this, will it conflict (i am assuming not) with CCleaner, Spybot, or Defender?

Let me ask this, will it conflict (i am assuming not) with CCleaner, Spybot, or Defender?
b-man, I'm really surprised you're first looking into defrag now

in any event, don't expect tons of improvement and the only real improvement you'll find is when your hardrive is near capacity or if you can partition individual files...since ntfs, defrags have not meant too much for performance but there are certain things you can do with a defrag that will give you noticeable improvement

for instance, if you want to set up a seperate partition for your internet temp files then defrag that and you'll get some noticeable gain

also, do not set your defrag to run every day like the companies want you to

Last edited:
You shouldn't be surprised, I learned a long time ago, someone told me, either here or family or who ever, that they are pointless and stupid.

I guess it must of be someone important because I never touched a defrag program since. Now I learn :)

if you are an existing customer I think it makes things a lot cheaper.. email them and ask.

Its the first time I have purchased from them I was wondering if I had to buy the protection thing for the upgrade, but zombie said it was free so I am assuming not.

I'm reading the feature log of perfect disc and it says it will defrag individual files

would someone be so kind as to defrag the temp internet files and see if it can do that for me?

thanx in advance, am downloading a trial of perfect8 right now

I just let it run, and now I can't right click on icons and drag them. Or even just drag them. You know when you try to move a file to another place. Yea does not happen now?

What's the deal?

*edit, I used TweakUI to repair all icons, and now everything works. Why did that happen?

Are you sure, I don't think I did anything else. I will see what happens the next time I use it.

Thanks.

Are you sure, I don't think I did anything else. I will see what happens the next time I use it.

Thanks.
I think it could have been perfect disc, I suppose a tag might have gotten corrupted during the defrag

if it did, that is disturbing and I contacted raxco to come by and comment

used to be greg hayes was a regular visitor and I'm hoping he stops by to help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back