perfect disk and sp2

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
well, I finally did the sp2 thing...seems ok, the only issue is my perfectdisk doesn't show the boot files in the pretty little color graph they have going

anyone else getting that issue?

Perhaps we should pester them for an update, get those Raxco folks posting on here again :)

ya, give them a write...my email program went bonkers with the sp2

I have to see about that...do you know where my old emails are in outlook express?

anyway, send them a letter linked to this thread for me...thanx

C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXXXXXXX\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\Microsoft\Outlook Express

You know the Raxco folks better than me mate :)

I'll do it

ps, please turn the sp2 support into a topic instead of a sticky so members can have their own threads to reolve issues

one sticky makes it hard to navidgate

thanx

PD reads the prefetch info to determine what are "boot files". When you install SP2, it clears out the prefetch info. Windows will slowly rebuild this info as the computer is used over a few days.

- Greg/Raxco Software
Microsoft MVP - Windows File Systems

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a commercial defrag utility, as a systems engineer in the support department.

thanx greg...that's sort of what I thought...I'm wondering...don't you think it's a good idea to wait until prefetch is repopulated before a file optimization is performed?

that would prevent uneccessary file movement that would only have to be rewritten when the prefetch populated

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back