Pentium11 and WinXP

Z

Zaria

I am trying to set up an old P11 system, 128 ram, 233MHz, with XP Pro. The m/b is AL440LX, Phoenix bios ver 4.06 rev 3.09, Intel 440 family chipset. All is running fine except that comm ports (1,2) and printer port have exclamation mark in device manager (code 29-been to microsofts site to find code-not a lot of help) and the modem is not seen at all (pctel 56k micromodem, seen perfectly ok in another system with winxp). The question is what am I doing wrong-everything seems wired up ok, but I am fairly new to this so may have missed something obvious. Any suggestions would be welcome thanks. BTW I don't really feel up to flashing/upgrading bios unless all else fails. This might be a stupid question but could the problem with the ports be affecting whether the modem is seen?

amd 500 k6

Without the cpu power you are going to struggle!!!:mad:

I have several pcs ranging from p120+amd athlon 2200+?

mid range pcs struggle cos the xp specs!!

I put xp on a 266mmx and it was slow:D
But it would play faster rendering games:eek:
With a standard 8 meg card.

My advice get a bigger sys?

sys specs!

top asus mobo
1 gig ddr ram
mighty ge force ti vid
2 120 gig hdd
on raid
combo cdr-cd writer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back