Pentium vs. Athlon - Judgement Day!!!

there's always going to be criticism on both sides. the debate will never end.

i know...this was supposed to be to sort things out...no more sh*t about it you know...

"The performance improvement yielded by the new core will be relatively unnoticeable to most desktop users; we ran benchmarks comparing the two cores at 2.0GHz and only saw a 2% performance improvement on average."

"The new stepping isn't nearly as compelling as AMD's Thoroughbred Revision B, so don't be too upset if you don't end up with the new core. Obviously if you purchase any of the four new CPUs then you'll be running the new stepping in any case."
Block Quoted from Anandtech

The AMD's may be slower than Intel atm but they have invested most of their time and money on the new Hammers. Screw the 333 FSB thats gonna come out soon.... I want my hammer.

http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q3/020821/index.html

That article from THG shows that the new AthlonXP is FAR more overclockable than a P4... Even Anandtech agree with this.

But again... With each mhz increase, there will be no major differences between the previous stepping until AMD whips out the new FSB. The FSB needs to be increased to show a performance boost. Until then, the P4's 533 will be in the lead (and not by much when u look at the numbers)

183 vs 206 and this is on Sysmark 2002... (oh... don't forget that the 2600+ is also rated at only 2/3 of the P4's mhz)

But again, Who's is gonna be cheaper?
(not including people who have no idea how to install a heatsink or don't at least have the sense to purchase a copper shim.)

people like what they like for there own reasons, lets all forget it, why does it matter !!?

" We had no problem taking all of our CPUs based on the new core steppings up to the 3GHz mark "

thats an increase of a whopping 200 mhz...

did you also notice this particular statement?

The 2600+ surprised us, as it doesn't seem to be much the same Thoroughbred as is the 2200+. We were able to OC the 2600+ with air-cooling to nearly 2.5GHz right out of the box.

thats from http://hardocp.com/

check it out

you wanna quote? I can quote too... thats taking a 2.13 and knocking it up almost 400mhz...

you were saying?

:)

heh... just don't start a flame war if you only showing a selective argument... there is always another side...

Who really cares which processor is better. People will buy whatever they feel like buying be it an Intel chip or an AMD chip.

I agree.. this whole bashing of this is better than that is pointless.. I care more for features/price than much else...

before you say I hate intel... please read the forum news post that I passed on... first thing this morning..

:)

post stats and stuff but don't bash the other cpu... coz then people will flame back... endless cycle..

The benchmarks have been "certified official." Intel rules the roost! P4 2.8 GHz sets the CPU standard for all to follow (if they can)...:D

i'm happy with my celeron 1.3@1.48 ghz....works just fine..

*comes in... looks around... sees dead horse... sees people beating it... leaves*

Originally posted by G-Lizard86
i'm happy with my celeron 1.3@1.48 ghz....works just fine..
is that the new celeron with the 400 fsb ???
Keep flogging that horse theres gotta be more life in it, I can see it twitching
:p

Blah Blah Blah, Jesus, if you actually think this anandtech article is the end-all be-all of CPU reviews, you are an idiot, both the Northwoods and the Thoroughbreds are great, after all we are talking a difference in microseconds arent we ??

If you think the gauntlet has been thrown, one word for ya....

HAMMER !!!

:D

plz don't call names and stuff around here...that's for little children, and that arnand article shows performance of different processor that are NOW on the market....hammer is still to come...don't compare two totally different things...

Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45
is that the new celeron with the 400 fsb ???
Keep flogging that horse theres gotta be more life in it, I can see it twitching
:p

no 100 fsb oc'ed to 114x13.0....

i'm not either pro intel and anti amd or pro amd or anti intel, like em both, it's just like this, intels run fast but cool (mine: 1.48 @ 39 c) and amd run just as fast or even faster but hotter (a friends AMD 1700 1.46 @ 50 c) ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back