Pentium vs. Athlon - Judgement Day!!!

*comes in.....sees exact same dead horse that xsivforce seen....same mob beating it.....blows raspberries at everyone, and moons them.......leaves*

um well I see this thread as gone to the horse

finally horse is dead /me sees horse bleeding with starry eyes, yells and leaves

I don't think this is a fair question. Intel of course is going to be able to beat AMD. First they are larger so they can afford to spend more money on marketing. Second they have bought off numerous companies to get the benchmarks to skew for them as well as other programs. They have almost a Ghz lead over the Athlon and they use theoretically speedier RDRAM. But, for shear performance you can't deny AMD. They are cheaper than Intel and although they use slower RAM, have the benchmarks skewed toward Intel, operate at a slower clock speed they still offer comparable performance and all of this for a few hundred dollars less. I sure hope the little guy wins.

Originally posted by radmonc
I don't think this is a fair question. Intel of course is going to be able to beat AMD. First they are larger so they can afford to spend more money on marketing.

what does marketing have to do with performance?

I hear all of this HAMMER this hammer that, you guys actually think hamemrs will go against the current pentium 4s? Intel is not stupid, they have pentium 5s and new pentium 4s, the truth will come when you try to run multiple aplications on a new 3.0 ghz pentium 4 and comparing it to runing lots of aplications on the newest athlon XP. Doesnt matter how hard amd tries from now on, intel as a solution not only more sophisticated but more durable.

About the overclockign by andatech, i believe he didnt use DDRram and used RDRAm which sucks for overclocking, correct me if i'm wrong but didnt they overclock a 2.2 ghz pentium 4 all the way to 3.2? well the current pentium 4 structure is almost reaching its limit thats why they are changing it by X-mas the new pentium 4s and later pentium 5s will have a different structure, and a working hyper threading that gives optimized applications or simply runin lots of programs about a 25% boost. and i see the 1mb l2 cache, 666 mhz fsb.. not looking good for amd, but i give amd credit for giving intel such an intense competition intel had to drop their prices. Thanks to intel and to AMD chips have advanced to their current stage.

thisthreadsucks.jpg

well then do something about it, xsivforce

My sister got bit by a moose once...

She was carving her intials in its side...

Moose bites can be very nasty you know

Temperal:rolleyes:

YNWA !!!

GO REDS !!!

I see this is now a football thread... I have my money on my anfield team... LIVERPOOL FC....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back