Pentium v Athlon

2z

OSNN Gamer
;) What are your reasons for buying your brand of chip ???
I bought an athlon 1.4 & fried it & the motherboard (the heat sink fan stopped)
So I got a P4 because I wanted this chip to last a lifetime, it makes sense to me that the least heat will have the least stress on surrounding components the longer the life span.
what do think ?
Do you even care ?
;)
PENTvAMD.gif

Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45

So I got a P4 because I wanted this chip to last a lifetime
;)
Do you really think you will have that particular chip a lifetime? I chose AMD for price to performance. By the time it fries, I will be ready for an upgrade anyway. ;)

Originally posted by xsivforce

Do you really think you will have that particular chip a lifetime? I chose AMD for price to performance. By the time it fries, I will be ready for an upgrade anyway. ;)
I hope so - especially with the simple things like surfing the net & starting pointless threads in wicked forums - My pentium 133 is still the business online.
;)

don't you know better than to post amd vs. pentium.... it starts an all out war on this forum lol... i'm getting my battle gear on :-D GOOOOO PENTIUMMMMM!!!! eheheh

OK, $20 this will turn into a flame war in 15 posts or less....:rolleyes: Any takers?

*Loads gun and takes cover and gets ready for the inevitable war*

I've still got my very old (1997 i think) Packard Bell 166Mhz Pentium MMX PC but I have not powered it up for around 3 years now.

It might explode :eek:

Originally posted by Goku
I've still got my very old (1997 i think) Packard Bell 166Mhz Pentium MMX PC but I have not powered it up for around 3 years now.

It might explode :eek:

I still have my P1 75Mh and my upgrade to 133Mh processors....but they are rolling around in a box under my bar.

$500 worth of processors at the time.....:( :mad:

Shoot I got an old 386, still alive and running fine......

late

:cool:

Originally posted by Iceman38
Shoot I got an old 386, still alive and running fine......

late

Ha Ha showing your age Iceman38

I had a 286, but fried that puppy up one day, pissed me off one too many times..................

I've got something in the basement that has the name 'Wang' on it everywhere...the only thing i know is that it runs on windows 3.1...still very good..

I dunno there's one or two young un's in these forums (or at least claiming to be); :eek: these days anything over 25 is considered old.
;)

I'm 15 yo btw...and from Amsterdam Holland...lol...thought u might wanna know..:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back