• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Pentium v Athlon

2z

OSNN Gamer
;) What are your reasons for buying your brand of chip ???
I bought an athlon 1.4 & fried it & the motherboard (the heat sink fan stopped)
So I got a P4 because I wanted this chip to last a lifetime, it makes sense to me that the least heat will have the least stress on surrounding components the longer the life span.
what do think ?
Do you even care ?
;)

xsivforce

Prodigal Son
Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45

So I got a P4 because I wanted this chip to last a lifetime
;)
Do you really think you will have that particular chip a lifetime? I chose AMD for price to performance. By the time it fries, I will be ready for an upgrade anyway. ;)

2z

OSNN Gamer
Originally posted by xsivforce

Do you really think you will have that particular chip a lifetime? I chose AMD for price to performance. By the time it fries, I will be ready for an upgrade anyway. ;)
I hope so - especially with the simple things like surfing the net & starting pointless threads in wicked forums - My pentium 133 is still the business online.
;)

A

AJG199

don't you know better than to post amd vs. pentium.... it starts an all out war on this forum lol... i'm getting my battle gear on :-D GOOOOO PENTIUMMMMM!!!! eheheh

G

Grinder714

OK, $20 this will turn into a flame war in 15 posts or less....:rolleyes: Any takers?

*Loads gun and takes cover and gets ready for the inevitable war*

G

Gouk

I've still got my very old (1997 i think) Packard Bell 166Mhz Pentium MMX PC but I have not powered it up for around 3 years now.

It might explode :eek:

G

Grinder714

Originally posted by Goku
I've still got my very old (1997 i think) Packard Bell 166Mhz Pentium MMX PC but I have not powered it up for around 3 years now.

It might explode :eek:
I still have my P1 75Mh and my upgrade to 133Mh processors....but they are rolling around in a box under my bar.

$500 worth of processors at the time.....:( :mad:

G

G-Lizard86

I've got something in the basement that has the name 'Wang' on it everywhere...the only thing i know is that it runs on windows 3.1...still very good..

2z

OSNN Gamer
I dunno there's one or two young un's in these forums (or at least claiming to be); :eek: these days anything over 25 is considered old.
;)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn