Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz Duel-core or not?

M

me_man

in my device manager it shows i have 2 Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz CPU's but my computer properties it only shows one 2.79GHz CPU
if i can change it how?

And therefore they show up as two processors to Windows. Regular Pentium D's do not have Hyper-Threading, only the Extreme version does.

And for the record, the EE is a bit over-priced and won't really give you much of a measurable benefit that you can take advantage of with today's current applications :)

so theres nothing i can do as far as using the other 2.8GHz

The only way to use both cores realistically is to have applications that take advantage of Dual Core CPU's, which are few and far between at the moment.

That being said, if there were applications that were out, your system should utilize them automatically.

There aren't two CPUs. Windows sees dual core CPUs and CPUs with Hyper-Threading as TWO CPUs when in fact there is only one physical CPU.

*sigh*

I KNOW that. I'm saying Windows sees Pentium D and/or Pentium HT as two CPUs.

Pentium D EE (965) is both dual core and HT enabled.

so whats the deal with your post saying there aren't 2 cpu's - dual core in intel land means 2 cpu's bolted together on a single package?

However logic has just decided to drop by and suggest to me that thats what you meant...

Okay, I see how my post was misleading. When I think of dual processors I am thinking of two physical Xeon processors (or Pentium).

i.e. two Xeon processors with dual cores or HT enabled show up as four CPUs in Windows.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back