Pentium D 940 Running at 58c under folding.

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Is this too high and what is the highest safe temp for this processor?

I'm thinking the thermal paste needs to be replaced as the fan is working fine at at 2400 rpm

Edit ok so turned folding off and my cpu temp dropped 7c, can folding damage my cpu running at that speed and temp all the time.

This only came up because my computer just crashed and i think it was either a heat issue or my cpu doing too much, admittedly i was asking a lot, i was capturing from my DV deck, running folding and copying 20gbs of files to another pc.

EDIT2:

Well it looks like this machine is taking the proverbial sh1t, it just bluescreened and restarted on me, the bios shows the temp as 59c but the intel monitoring program within windows was only showing it as 53c.

CAN someone please get back to me on this, i cant lose this machine.

Last edited:
That's good for the Pentium D series. Mine ran closer to 65C under a load with the ZALMAN 9500.

it is, hmm so why the blue screen and reboots then?

i'd say it's high considering my pentium D 930 runs at 43c at full load with the zalman 9500 cooler.

When it bluescreens and reboots you need to see the stop error message so turn off the auto reboot and look at the bluescreen and get some info.

i'll have to do that tomorrow, i just turned both machines off, i think i need to reposition the pc's the're too close to the wall probably overheating.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back