Pentium 4 Temperature Questions

J

jcs83md

I've been reading a lot about system temps and mine seems well within specifications but I'm wondering if I could do better. When idling.. my P4-2.0a runs at about 40-42 celsius and under full load is around 47-49 the motherboard seems to hover around 40-43 usually and maybe a tad higher under a load. Sometimes, the board temp is higher then the CPU temp.. is that a result of bad ventilation??? Right now I'm using an average size Midtower with just the PS fan as an exhaust.

Also, when considering fans what's the dB rating going to be on an extremely silent one... I was thinking upper 20's or lower.

Thanks..

By the way, I'm using an Asus P4S533 board and the P4's stock heatsink and fan.

Could be. Could be a glitchy temp sensor. Stick you hand in there and feel the temperature. Or feel the blown out air on the back. If it feels hot, get a chassie fan. The most silent fans (like Papst) are in the area around 20dB.

dont worry pentium chip dont heat up that high unlike the athlon which will burn up if you dont have a good cooling system

Yeah, I just mounted an old power supply fan in the front as an intake.. the motherboard never exceeds 40 now and usually stays at 35-36. Although its pretty loud the first 5-10 its on.. as if it needs time to warm up. Are most fans like that?

The fan must be getting old if it's making noise on startup. Replace it & fit another exhaust fan if you have room.

Electric fans should'nt need to warm-up to quiet down. However, if it is a combustion powered fan that may be alright.

combuston powered
LOL......those any good?? ..hehe...jokes

jus get some cool air goin thru ur case n ur finee

Try taking the side panel off of case and see how much temp drops, if its dramatic, the you need more ventilation.

Just using the ps exhaust, I would put one fan in front, bringing cool air in and another in back taking warm air out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back