Peer 2 Peer

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
In your opinion which is the best P2P program?
Grokster, Morpheus, Kazza ( all the same?)
Lime Wire, Bear Share, E-donkey?

I prefer using kazaa, but they are all going to charge money soon because they are being sued by the court.:(

They aren't going to charge money soon because them charging money doesn't all of a sudden make them legal. And even if kazaa shuts down you can still connect to the supernodes so the court can goto hell :p

Grokster & Kazza are the exact same, and they both contain SPYWARE called Cydoor

Morpheus searches the same users as Kazaa and Grokster, but WITHOUT THE SPYWAYRE! Now, i am speaking of the old version, i have not gotten this new version, which i hear they changed a bunch of stuff around and it sucks, but the old version is good, and no, Kazaa won't start charging, because they would just go out of business....look at what happened to napster, it went totally downhill.....

the new morpheus is a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT RIPOFF

Go download Gnuclues and then download the new morpheus...they are the EXACT same program. the reason this is allowed is because now they are both licensed under the GNU license so musiccity just used the source to Gnucleus and rebranded it morpheus...that is plain wrong in my opinion

Also I have lost my love of musiccity because they have been blatantly lyign in their chatrooms

all there talk about morpheus claiming to have been DOS'ed and all that crap...what happened was Sherman Networks tweaked the Fasttrack protocol and Morpheus did not want to pay to re-license the new 1.5 version of the protocol...both grokster and kazaa paid the re-licensing fee...and the new protocol is NOT compatible with the old 1.3 protocol...hence morpheus users being locked out.

In fact did you know if you let morpheus just sit on long enough it sometimes will find a supernode still using the 1.3 protocol...but it won't have many users on it....

What it boils down to is mussicity is scared of sherman networks losing in court, didn't want to pay for a license that might go kaput so now they switched to gnutella..which in all my use has proven to not be as good as fasttrack...but thats an opinion, some people swear by gnutella

just my 2 cents

I have tried them all and they ALL dump spyware and adware on you. No argument. The only safe P-2-P I know of is WinMX. Use the others by all means, if you're prepared to install Ad-Aware and clean out all the things they installed without your permission!!!

C:\Wow!

Guys get Ad-ware to remove the spyware. I have tried it on Kazaa and it will stop it from functioning so don't remove spyware if you are using Kazaa.

check out these stats:
Name Users Online
FastTrack 925,892
Gnutella 351,557
iMesh 304,145
eDonkey 109,857
DirectConnect 72,647
FileNavigator 16,140
SongSpy 10,286
Blubster 4,771

And there are thousands of misguided people drinking heavily, taking drugs and believing in gods ~ big numbers doesn't mean they're doing the right thing, it often means they don't know the full truth or implications of what they're doing ;)

C:\Wow!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back