peek at windows7. Is this what it is going to look like ??

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
concept_windows_7_by_digitalsoft.jpg

If this is a sample of what it will look; I will want it ... it looks sexy ...

I really don't care it it looks like that or like Vista or XP as long as it is rock solid and secure. Eye candy is the least of things that should get your attention. The look is good but the navigation and being able to play well with hardware and software is paramount.

Oh, and that disk looking thing in the middle is lame. If that is a sign of it's navigation, they had better redo it.

almost seems like the thing in the middle would be an optional widget to use or something, possibly instead of the taskbar as a whole. who knows. won't know those kinds of details until either a) an alpha/beta is released, or b) an alpha/beta is leaked....

Looks to integrated, I usually use third party apps and I highly doubt MS will accommodate that with their fancy little wheel. (All speculation of course)

I really don't care it it looks like that or like Vista or XP as long as it is rock solid and secure. Eye candy is the least of things that should get your attention. The look is good but the navigation and being able to play well with hardware and software is paramount.

Oh, and that disk looking thing in the middle is lame. If that is a sign of it's navigation, they had better redo it.

I'm with you on this. However, I swear MS was telling us that Windows Longhorn (before being renamed to Vista) was going to be a modular OS. I really hope that Win7 will be, I don't want all the junk on my system. I'm sure 10gb of the 25gb consumed (on my 36gb raptor HDD) goes to all the rubbish apps that have never been run on my pc.

most of it is for other languages - there are howtos on how to remove these but not too sure if its the best of ideas

Most of what I have read says that Windows 7 will be modular, but who knows.

One thing they are trying to do differently and right this time is not to let too many features leak until they completely understand them and/or are confident they can implement them. They took a lot of shots promising features for Vista they couldn't and still haven't delivered - one mistake they are putting great efforts into not repeating.

Besides, we all know Windows Mojave is the best current OS :smoker:

Most of what I have read says that Windows 7 will be modular, but who knows.

One thing they are trying to do differently and right this time is not to let too many features leak until they completely understand them and/or are confident they can implement them. They took a lot of shots promising features for Vista they couldn't and still haven't delivered - one mistake they are putting great efforts into not repeating.

I am with you on this ... I hope they do make it good ...

when are we expecting W7 again?

It is supposed to be out arround the first quarter of 2010. Of course, I will probably have it before that :)

And, yes, I am for the modular aspects of it. With that you wouldn't have all the crap you never use installed. I hate how it takes up a couple of gig of space and 90% of it is useless. It reminds me of Nero 8, istalls 20 thousands programs that you will never use.

Is IE still gonna be integrated into the OS?

I would luv to see IE as a stand alone and then the OS and the Browser can be related on it's individual merits. Now I am not bashing, just wish it was don that way.

I'm with you on this. However, I swear MS was telling us that Windows Longhorn (before being renamed to Vista) was going to be a modular OS. I really hope that Win7 will be, I don't want all the junk on my system. I'm sure 10gb of the 25gb consumed (on my 36gb raptor HDD) goes to all the rubbish apps that have never been run on my pc.

Yep, as I just posted about IE. Now that would be sweet. You choose what parts of the OS you want, ie... Base OS (includes all security goodies, connectivity, and such), base OS with extra eye candy goodies, etc... Almost the way they are pushing Vista but broken down further. So if you just want a blazing fast machine with your top end hardware you get the base OS and that's it. Super fast no bloat and so forth. That is what I call ideal.

I am finding it amazing anyone is talking about another version of nt so soon

I guess vista has to be re dressed and remarketed, it's got some bad press and now that it's completed they don't want to carry the baggage...this is a good idea but will the public fall for it?

I wonder what features they will add to vista that will justify a new os release...I wonder what the new name will be

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back