PCs are BORING NOW !!!

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
Nothing seems to be happening on the technological forefront. It feels as if we have hardly moved an inch in terms of software and hardware in the past 6mths. Sure, new software versions have been released as well as new models of hardware - but the difference is sooo small relative to previous years. And it shows with the decline of consumer demand for new systems and the thriving second hand market that people are satisfied with what they already have. I.T is dying. It's a good thing it's only a hobby and not a profession :( Over and out...

So the AMD64 isn't a step forward, and the soon to be released Prescott chip and Windows XP64 aren't either... ?

Nope - just more of the same backed up by a whole lot of well-marketted propaganda. The average user is stuck to P3s and Win 98. Even an e-mag that was included in National Newspapers has been completely remove - a reflection of lack of interest in this sector I'm sorry to say. Just take a look around you - retailers are dropping off like flies with the intense competition. All struggling for air in the continual market downturn in this industry. It's getting harder each year to fool oneself of the harsh reality despite the bombardment of mass media advertising. In all honesty, how many non-geeks do you know who are willing to throw money on a PC/software upgrade these days? Contrary to popular forum belief, most people aren't computer fanatics and at the end of the day, it's the opinion of the majority non-geek population that wins out.

Originally posted by coathanger007
Nothing seems to be happening on the technological forefront. It feels as if we have hardly moved an inch in terms of software and hardware in the past 6mths.

hardware and software breakthroughs
are usually around the 18 month + mark

relax ~ be patient it will happen

at the end of the day, it's the opinion of the majority non-geek population that wins out.

since when have none geeks had anything to do with the course of IT ?

for every fallen geek a new one is born

I personally don't know a single person who has turned their back on PC's
I know plenty that have recently got hooked on computing

looking forward to : -
64 bit computing
next windows more geared towards gaming
next generation of video cards
DX 10
Pentium 5 1600 fsb 10gig processor (I predict will be here by 2008)
non volatile RAM (you never know :p)

" The future will not stand still "

:cool:

Nope - just more of the same backed up by a whole lot of well-marketted propaganda. The average user is stuck to P3s and Win 98. Even an e-mag that was included in National Newspapers has been completely remove - a reflection of lack of interest in this sector I'm sorry to say. Just take a look around you - retailers are dropping off like flies with the intense competition. All struggling for air in the continual market downturn in this industry. It's getting harder each year to fool oneself of the harsh reality despite the bombardment of mass media advertising. In all honesty, how many non-geeks do you know who are willing to throw money on a PC/software upgrade these days? Contrary to popular forum belief, most people aren't computer fanatics and at the end of the day, it's the opinion of the majority non-geek population that wins out.

Its always been that way...

I'll get back to you in half a decade then (if I'm still here) and see if I've changed opinon. Until then I'm going into cyber hibernation. :D

Re: Re: PCs are BORING NOW !!!

Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45
non volatile RAM (you never know :p)
*points to very recent articles about MRAM*

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
I want some 64-bit gaming screenshots!
Trust me, they'll look just like 32-bit gaming screeshots. :)

The IT industry isn't getting boring, it's just becoming and established/stable industry :)

I'll get back to you in half a decade then (if I'm still here) and see if I've changed opinon. Until then I'm going into cyber hibernation. :D

ummmm its sounds like your dying off not the I.T field

My virtual self and the I.T industry are one being - the next step in human evolution. We live together and die together - fare thee well.:)

well I have an 1800+ sitting in my closet I mean if you are dying u won't be needing that system of yours so you know, you could just trade me cuzz all u need is like ummmmm outlook and word right?? you don't need that kind of power anymore.

coathanger007: you must not work in IT... There is more to the excitement of technology than just a new chip or a piece of software. Sit down and pick up a book and learn all of the things about Windows that you never knew. Learn a programming language or web language and put it to work. You will be amazed of the things that are out there that you had no clue about. Try making an unattended installation CD, or programming an handy little app that accomplishes something that manually takes forever. Try remotely administering a PC using only the tools in a standard Windows XP build. These things will stress your mind and make you want to learn more. I feel more like your post is a "life sucks" post. Maybe it sucks for you, but I certainly enjoy technology. Everything I have in my hands now, the things available but untouched, and the things in the future to look forward to.

I 've been patiently waiting for your post. All of a sudden the adrenaline is rushing through. Pumped up with an unquenchable thirst to satify the desire for tech knowledge on the path of forever continuing improvement. A sense of awakened revitalisation - I've just nodded off to sleep ZZZzzzz :)

I 've been patiently waiting for your post. All of a sudden the adrenaline is rushing through. Pumped up with an unquenchable thirst to satify the desire for tech knowledge on the path of forever continuing improvement. A sense of awakened revitalisation - I've just nodded off to sleep ZZZzzzz :)

I understand...:D

Originally posted by Krux
well I have an 1800+ sitting in my closet I mean if you are dying u won't be needing that system of yours so you know, you could just trade me cuzz all u need is like ummmmm outlook and word right?? you don't need that kind of power anymore.

How much will you pay me in Aussie dollars. No warranty and you pay all freight charges and take full responsibility for damage on route. Pity we're separated by a big wide ocean.

NOTE: My actual self and my virtual self are two completely different entities. There's no way on Earth I'd want to mix up the two - that's how we end up with lunatics running around like headless chickens on senseless High School killing sprees.:mad:

"feels as if we have hardly moved an inch in terms of software and hardware in the past 6mths. "

Exactly. It's only 6 months. That's just too short of a time period. I think your just impatient.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back