• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PCs are BORING NOW !!!

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
#1
Nothing seems to be happening on the technological forefront. It feels as if we have hardly moved an inch in terms of software and hardware in the past 6mths. Sure, new software versions have been released as well as new models of hardware - but the difference is sooo small relative to previous years. And it shows with the decline of consumer demand for new systems and the thriving second hand market that people are satisfied with what they already have. I.T is dying. It's a good thing it's only a hobby and not a profession :( Over and out...
 

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
#3
Nope - just more of the same backed up by a whole lot of well-marketted propaganda. The average user is stuck to P3s and Win 98. Even an e-mag that was included in National Newspapers has been completely remove - a reflection of lack of interest in this sector I'm sorry to say. Just take a look around you - retailers are dropping off like flies with the intense competition. All struggling for air in the continual market downturn in this industry. It's getting harder each year to fool oneself of the harsh reality despite the bombardment of mass media advertising. In all honesty, how many non-geeks do you know who are willing to throw money on a PC/software upgrade these days? Contrary to popular forum belief, most people aren't computer fanatics and at the end of the day, it's the opinion of the majority non-geek population that wins out.
 

2z

OSNN Gamer
#4
Originally posted by coathanger007
Nothing seems to be happening on the technological forefront. It feels as if we have hardly moved an inch in terms of software and hardware in the past 6mths.
hardware and software breakthroughs
are usually around the 18 month + mark

relax ~ be patient it will happen


Originally posted by coathanger007
at the end of the day, it's the opinion of the majority non-geek population that wins out.
since when have none geeks had anything to do with the course of IT ?

for every fallen geek a new one is born

I personally don't know a single person who has turned their back on PC's
I know plenty that have recently got hooked on computing

looking forward to : -
64 bit computing
next windows more geared towards gaming
next generation of video cards
DX 10
Pentium 5 1600 fsb 10gig processor (I predict will be here by 2008)
non volatile RAM (you never know :p)

" The future will not stand still "

:cool:
 

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political User
#5
Originally posted by coathanger007
Nope - just more of the same backed up by a whole lot of well-marketted propaganda. The average user is stuck to P3s and Win 98. Even an e-mag that was included in National Newspapers has been completely remove - a reflection of lack of interest in this sector I'm sorry to say. Just take a look around you - retailers are dropping off like flies with the intense competition. All struggling for air in the continual market downturn in this industry. It's getting harder each year to fool oneself of the harsh reality despite the bombardment of mass media advertising. In all honesty, how many non-geeks do you know who are willing to throw money on a PC/software upgrade these days? Contrary to popular forum belief, most people aren't computer fanatics and at the end of the day, it's the opinion of the majority non-geek population that wins out.
Its always been that way...
 

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
#6
I'll get back to you in half a decade then (if I'm still here) and see if I've changed opinon. Until then I'm going into cyber hibernation. :D
 
#8
Re: Re: PCs are BORING NOW !!!

Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45
non volatile RAM (you never know :p)
*points to very recent articles about MRAM*

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
I want some 64-bit gaming screenshots!
Trust me, they'll look just like 32-bit gaming screeshots. :)
 
Q

Quick Reply

Guest
#9
The IT industry isn't getting boring, it's just becoming and established/stable industry :)
 

Krux

Nissan Powered
#10
Originally posted by coathanger007
I'll get back to you in half a decade then (if I'm still here) and see if I've changed opinon. Until then I'm going into cyber hibernation. :D


ummmm its sounds like your dying off not the I.T field
 

Krux

Nissan Powered
#12
well I have an 1800+ sitting in my closet I mean if you are dying u won't be needing that system of yours so you know, you could just trade me cuzz all u need is like ummmmm outlook and word right?? you don't need that kind of power anymore.
 
#13
coathanger007: you must not work in IT... There is more to the excitement of technology than just a new chip or a piece of software. Sit down and pick up a book and learn all of the things about Windows that you never knew. Learn a programming language or web language and put it to work. You will be amazed of the things that are out there that you had no clue about. Try making an unattended installation CD, or programming an handy little app that accomplishes something that manually takes forever. Try remotely administering a PC using only the tools in a standard Windows XP build. These things will stress your mind and make you want to learn more. I feel more like your post is a "life sucks" post. Maybe it sucks for you, but I certainly enjoy technology. Everything I have in my hands now, the things available but untouched, and the things in the future to look forward to.
 

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
#15
I 've been patiently waiting for your post. All of a sudden the adrenaline is rushing through. Pumped up with an unquenchable thirst to satify the desire for tech knowledge on the path of forever continuing improvement. A sense of awakened revitalisation - I've just nodded off to sleep ZZZzzzz :)
 
#17
Originally posted by coathanger007
I 've been patiently waiting for your post. All of a sudden the adrenaline is rushing through. Pumped up with an unquenchable thirst to satify the desire for tech knowledge on the path of forever continuing improvement. A sense of awakened revitalisation - I've just nodded off to sleep ZZZzzzz :)
I understand...:D
 

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
#19
Originally posted by Krux
well I have an 1800+ sitting in my closet I mean if you are dying u won't be needing that system of yours so you know, you could just trade me cuzz all u need is like ummmmm outlook and word right?? you don't need that kind of power anymore.
How much will you pay me in Aussie dollars. No warranty and you pay all freight charges and take full responsibility for damage on route. Pity we're separated by a big wide ocean.

NOTE: My actual self and my virtual self are two completely different entities. There's no way on Earth I'd want to mix up the two - that's how we end up with lunatics running around like headless chickens on senseless High School killing sprees.:mad:
 

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
#20
"feels as if we have hardly moved an inch in terms of software and hardware in the past 6mths. "

Exactly. It's only 6 months. That's just too short of a time period. I think your just impatient.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,962
Messages
673,247
Members
89,017
Latest member
Seggar