PCIexpress, DX10, this summer

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
If I am reading correctly, Sazar.

DX10 cards will be in PCI Express architecture. Starting in the summer, mobos will be moving to PCIexpress, and the vidcard makers already have the lineup supporting DX10 as a PCIex card, not an AGP card.

What have you heard about this, if anything, Sazar?

Heeter

Well PCI express is set for later on in the year but DX10 should not see light until Longhorn I think. There is another rev of DX9 still to be released.

longhorn has been pushed off untill 2007 or later

PCI express video cards are nothing new, they are just mainly in developer cards right now, also yes you are correct in this but what they are doing like nvidia is putting there 5600 and up on a 64bit pci slot and them some of the new chips too but that is later in the year about 3rd quorter

and they are doing this becuase the PCI express (64bit pci slot) is faster and is now more common in moderen motherboards because of the athlon 64

dx10 will roll out most likely with the release of longhorn m8 :)

dx next I Think they are trying to call it...

pci express basically is a better implementation of a pathway for the gfx card to comunicate with the rest of the system

@ the moment from tech demos I have checked out it seems it does not appear much faster but it is likely to get faster as people take advantage of the technology :)

longhorn should be out if things go per plans in late 2005/early 2006... but knowing m$ I might be on mars before I install longhorn lol...

I rather get winxp 64bit edition tbh :D

As a way of comparing PCI Express and AGP x8, think of PCI Express as AGP x16.

And the jump from 4 to 8 didn't do that much, its more of a Marchitecture than an architecture improvement if you catch my drift.

BTW - Sazar - hows your 64, does it rock as much as i think it would *drooool*?

A link to a 3dmark 01 score would be nice for comparison. *hints*

:D

TheBlueRaja said:
As a way of comparing PCI Express and AGP x8, think of PCI Express as AGP x16.

And the jump from 4 to 8 didn't do that much, its more of a Marchitecture than an architecture improvement if you catch my drift.

BTW - Sazar - hows your 64, does it rock as much as i think it would *drooool*?

A link to a 3dmark 01 score would be nice for comparison. *hints*

:D

check the benchmarks section... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back