PCI xpress cards

FishBoy

Feeeesh
hey what's a good PCI xpress graphics card my friend is building a computer and he picked out the ASUS A8V-E Deluxe and it supports only PCI-E x16 and x1 what's a good ATI card that would go with that, thx all

I am the friend ... im thinking between 150 -250 but i would love a 256 bit card....thanx

try the ATI x### series, x850 is quite expensive maybe the x600 or x700

nah...... lisen!!! the x600 and x700z suck! if you want serious bang fer yer buck get the nvidia geforce 6600gt! rules it can even beat the x800 pro in some doom3 tests! costs about $183 usd so maybe $220 or so canadian dollars. trust me this card is niiiiice. this one is 128 mb, for a few more bucks you can get a 256 mb version, try the one from gigabyte, they even include a full version dvd of doom3!!

I'm an NVidia guy too, but if you want ATI, save a few bucks more and get an X800XL. The 6600GT and X800XL are the two best bang for the buck cards out right now.

x800XL thats a little too much i think! how much is it? anyway i think hes looking for a mid range solution. he said somewhere between 150-250 canadian $.

not sure what canadian to american is, but a x800 xl is $299 US, good choice card, i just don't think its worth getting anything cheaper as he'll have to upgrade at a latter date, but if you have to the 6600 pci-express is $170 us.

Elektro Slime said:
nah...... lisen!!! the x600 and x700z suck! if you want serious bang fer yer buck get the nvidia geforce 6600gt! rules it can even beat the x800 pro in some doom3 tests! costs about $183 usd so maybe $220 or so canadian dollars. trust me this card is niiiiice. this one is 128 mb, for a few more bucks you can get a 256 mb version, try the one from gigabyte, they even include a full version dvd of doom3!!

While the 6600GT is an ok card, people tend to play games other than Doom 3. It might be a good idea to look at other benchmarks as well.

From what i have seen the 6600GT is just slightly ahead of an x700 card, probably on par with the x700 pro. If it was faster it would only be by a few percent.

people tend to play games other than Doom 3
i hate it when people compare a card because of a game that was basically tailored for that card or its brothers. VERSATALITY is what you want to look at. Look at all the benchmarks.

VenomXt said:
i hate it when people compare a card because of a game that was basically tailored for that card or its brothers. VERSATALITY (Versatility) is what you want to look at. Look at all the benchmarks.

forgive me :laugh:

not against you lol just seen alot of thatr lately. its like this card plays this game the best this one that lol hey lancer how you like that 3000+ procc of yours was looking at one for cheap.

umm its not only doom3, does pretty well in HL2, which i thought was optimised for ATI cards. it usually gets more fps then the gigabyte x700 pro. umm.. yeah if he saved a bit more the x800Xl is a lot better.

its a good cpu, certainly worth the money, with my spec i can play any game at almost full spec, but i only play 1024x756, as thats the resolution i like to play in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back