pci slot,agp slot

H

Hutch

I have just read a post regarding the above,i have just bought a new graphics and sound cards,what i want to find out is what will happen if i change the slot my sound card is in,so i can give the graphics card a bit more room,will i need to change the irq or anything? or will it just recognise the change and adjust itself?
I have a modem in at the moment which is not needed anymore as i now have broadband,so i will be putting the soundcard in the slot that the modem was in,incase that makes any difference.

I know i should know the answer to this,but i have never swapped cards around before,so i better be sure.Thanks in advance for any help,Hutch.
PS can anyone recommend a good outlet for case mods,here in Britain(or Scotland would be better)?

Pentium 4 1.8ghz,512 sdram,400fsb.
Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti 200,64 ddr ram
Creative Audigy platinum sound system
Creative `Inspire 5.1 speaker system
Broadband internet connection (now down in price by £10,can life get any sweeter)

I'm not sure if it will change IRQs etc., it won't make too much difference tho and it could help to ventilate your system a little - somehow.

There is a cool overclocking place here in england over at http://www.overclockingstore.co.uk with some well expensive cases or DIY kits.

Won't have too drastic affect on your system settings, but if you plan on removing anything completely (like your modem), be sure to uninstall it first to free up any settings that it may hold. Some legacy devices only work on a specific IRQ setting and depending on how old some of the components in your rig is, that may be a potential problem after rebooting without the device physically installed.

Thanks guys,always get some good advise on this site,i will try that oc place ta.Hutchy :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back