PCI Modem Drivers

P

Phil J01

Help.

I've just installed XP Home on my machine but it's wiped out my modem.
In control pannel all it say's is PCI Modem, yet when i go to try and fin done on the disk it comes back with nothing.

I have used my Work internet and tried a Generic LucentLT Win modem one but no joy.

Does anbody know where i can get a set of XP Generic modem drivers

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:D

could you include a little bit more information regarding the modem, like serial number or the type of generic modem you have. that would be helpful.

Well this week at work i upgraded a PC to XP (Clean install), The modem was in device manager with the famous yellow ?. I put a nic in the PC and ran windows update, A Modem driver popped up on the list, installed and no more yellow ?.
Mabey worth takin the pc to work and hooking it up with LAN.

PCI Drivers

Sorry i dont know

My system is a packard bell i media 6100
Was on ME now xp home
256 Mb
17 GB HD

I was kinda hoping that there would be an XP generic Driver out there

:confused:

Slow down and take a deep breath!

Open your machine up....(only if it is a desktop!!!) and have a look at the modem, tell us what is written on it.....

This is not a disaster, the brand should be there (e.g. my modem (now in a bag after I switched to broadband :D ) says: -

CONEXANT
RS56/SP-PCI
B85232.13
9940Mexico

It is really the Name and the second line I find important.

Check the back they sometimes just slap on a sticker as well.

I will be up a while (it is 00.12 here..) will see what I can find try and get back quick though if it is that urgent.

P.S. Did you get the modem with your Packard Bell or install it separately?

Pci Drivers

No i got it with the Packard Bell, it was all in.

I'll crack it open tonight and have a butchers,

Sorry if it's took a while posting this reply I've been at the dentist with an abscess...Nice :(

Go to their site........

I went to the UK one and they have a specific section for xp drivers, Choose 'active support', then the drop down 'my pc support'. (button is on the far left of the screen, then on the next screen the 'downloads' is also a button on the far left of the screen.

It has to be one of them.....

http://www.packardbell.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back