PCI in AGP

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
i have the radeon sdr as u can see in my sig and id like to know if i can plug it in an existing agp slot. im pretty sure i read somewhere that it could be done, but i need to make sure.

thx, Apu

PCI to AGP?
I don't think it is possible... is it?
Because AGP cards are manufactured differently to PCI cards, but I'm not entirely sure.

uhhhhhhhh hence the two different names.......pci slot, agp slot.........

not only is architecture different but the bus speeds too... pci I believe is 33mhz v/s 66 for the ddr...

I can't see a pci device running in an agp slot

just buy a new card... they are pretty cheap out there...

Originally posted by xsk8zerox
try it ... i want to see

good idea let somebody do that and make sure they take pictures to show us the results

lol. so i guess ill provide the pics. ill try to if i have the chance since my moving company has my pc. i have a spare mobo and cpu i wont use so ill try to see if it works. heh heh heh...

with aid of a sledgehammer, and skill you will do it....try it...

no, actually, it won't run in a AGP, it WILL however run in an ISA or AMR slot... umm, or even one of those old Proprietary IBM thingy's that was onlike 4 computers.

While you are at it, maybe you would like to try DDR RAM on that board...should work just fine in those SDRAM slots!:p

lol, ddr in sdr? could be...:D
ill be sure to take a picture of each attempt at "fitting" the components...muhahaha.

I am confident that with a heafty budget and the proper micro electronics tools and parts, you can convert.:D

i dont wanna change agp to pci, i wanna know if it was possible to plug my pci radeon in an agp

ok ok, its clear that its not possible. anyone want to see if it fits?

heh heh heh

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back