• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PCI in AGP

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
i have the radeon sdr as u can see in my sig and id like to know if i can plug it in an existing agp slot. im pretty sure i read somewhere that it could be done, but i need to make sure.

thx, Apu

RagnaroK

Must be dreaming...
PCI to AGP?
I don't think it is possible... is it?
Because AGP cards are manufactured differently to PCI cards, but I'm not entirely sure.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
not only is architecture different but the bus speeds too... pci I believe is 33mhz v/s 66 for the ddr...

I can't see a pci device running in an agp slot

just buy a new card... they are pretty cheap out there...

apu95

lol. so i guess ill provide the pics. ill try to if i have the chance since my moving company has my pc. i have a spare mobo and cpu i wont use so ill try to see if it works. heh heh heh...

blinden

OSNN Senior Addict
no, actually, it won't run in a AGP, it WILL however run in an ISA or AMR slot... umm, or even one of those old Proprietary IBM thingy's that was onlike 4 computers.

W

wahoo24jc

While you are at it, maybe you would like to try DDR RAM on that board...should work just fine in those SDRAM slots!:p

apu95

lol, ddr in sdr? could be...:D
ill be sure to take a picture of each attempt at "fitting" the components...muhahaha.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage