PCI-Express

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Is it possible to get a PCI-Express Card to put in my current motherboard, which is not PCI-Express, so i can buy a PCI-Express V/card without having to buy a brand new motherboard?

If not what is a good PCI Motherboard, if i have to buy a new one i'd look at a price range of $100-$150 dollars. (MSI and Giga-Byte are my fav co's at present)

Thanks

Also i should mention i'd need a motherboard with 4 mem slots and one that supports dual channels.

not sure bout pci-e expansion cards, but gigabyte is releasing the K8NXP-9 and K8NXP-SLi mobos very soon. I've been waiting for those since Novemeber. NF4 on board with Dual gigabit LAN. 4xSATA, 4xSATA2. =) Hot stuff.

oh, forgot to mention, I think manufacturers are only implementing PCI-e on AMD64/Semperon boards only for the time being, not sure if there will be anymore new Athlon boards though. So it may look like you'll need to go for a major upgrade if you want the stuff.

uh, lancer, i don't think so. having a card that would convert pci to pci express would defeat the purpose of even having pci express in the first place. you're gonna need a major upgrade if you don't have a 64 bit processor yet (for AMD). i'm not sure about this if you have an intel based system.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back