PC won't start

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
My pc has just shutdown and won't restart properly.
to start with it couldn't find the secon HDD and would shutdown after a few minutes, now it gets as far as the black screen and gives the warning " CPU HAS OVERHEAT" or something. I cannot tell mcuh more about this as i am offshore and the wife has descibed this over the phone. Any idaes on how to fix this?

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Sounds like the cpu fan has given up. Not much you can do till you get home unless the wife is a bit savvy with replacing things inside the case.

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
OK i have managed to get the pc running again, just a dusty heat sink (overheating and shutting itself down.Now for the next bit , i have a 2nd HDD which is found by the bios and in device manager. But any shortcut to this device and on the my computer list of drives and things it is not listed and cannot connect the shortcuts. Any ideas on how to remedy this?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut