PC Won't boot up - display problem..

Nismo83

OSNN AZN Addict
PC can't boot when using the following setup (just can't boot using this x800pro but can boot successfully using other card )

AMd 64 3000+
2x256 Kingston Hyperx PC3200
450W PSU
Gigabyte x800pro
dfi lanpart ut250GB

but it works on my other rig using the same card.

might have to return the card for a replacment, maybe its just doa

the card working perfectly fine on my other rig. It just won't work on other MOBO

Perhaps a bios update for the mobo?
Very strange, nothing in your specs jumps out at me.

just for the hell of it... i would unplug power from harddrive cdroms cdrws etc but leave just the video card powered and see if that works...

Nismo83 said:
PC can't boot when using the following setup (just can't boot using this x800pro but can boot successfully using other card )

AMd 64 3000+
2x256 Kingston Hyperx PC3200
450W PSU
Gigabyte x800pro
dfi lanpart ut250GB

but it works on my other rig using the same card.
what is the card doing?

you mean the card won't turn on? or the scareen comes on and windows freezes?

sounds like a power problem if no picture

power up... card got power and monitor power color turn from amber to green but no display on the screen.

This is very very weird. It works on my other RIG but not on other people MOBO

did, u try getting a bigger power supply like people suggestted, maybe thats the problem

can't see anything how to set the agp settings.. by right there should be display on monitor.

450W psu should be sufficient (its true power psu)

did you try using a different monitor on the same computer?

Check if the misbehaving MB is overclocked, especially on the AGP clock. For that matter kill any overclocking you have.

Make sure the power connector that goes from the PSU to the X800 is good, don't daisy chain it with other drives or cards. Give it it's own molex direct from the PSU.

Make sure the X800 is seated properly in the MB socket, and that the monitor cable attaches fully. Misaligned case could cause a connector seating problem. Check with power off or smoke can result.

^^ thanks for the suggestion but i've tried all settings. The board is NEW so i doubt there is any overclocking there. But one thing is that i saw AGP2.0 (2x/4x)and AGP3.0 (8x) on the CMOS settings. I plug in a AGP2.0 card and i can see the settings but not the AGP3.0 settings ( have to get a AGP3.0 card to see the settings ) IS there some kind of jumper settings that might be causing all this problem?

Most newer cards need extra power and have a power input, be sure that is plugged in. I have seen my first one on a intel mobo where you actually had to plug a standard power connecter for a disk device into the mobo next to the graphics card slot to power the graphics card in addition to the mobo power.

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/cv/cv_photo.htm

Look next to the four pin aux. power to see what I mean. The board even had a warning that operating some cards w/o this plugged in could damage the board or processor.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back