PC vs. Mac Commercials

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Anyone seen the new PC vs Mac commercials? It has that skinny guy from the movies and some plump dude. The skinny guy is supposed to be a Mac, the other a PC.

I forget the one I saw yesterday, but just saw one where the "PC" was sneezing, saying "I have that virus that is going around". He told the "Mac" to stay back, as "it was a doozy". The "Mac" said "I'll be OK". The "PC" then said "there was 114,000 known viruses last year for PC's" and the Mac said "Yeah, for PC's, not Mac"

I hate Macs, but it's cool marketing :D

Not blasphemy, just my .02

And I don't hate them really, that was probably a bad choice of words. I'm just more of a PC person myself.

I do like the commercials though, also excited to have seen two different ones in two days :)

Trying not to cause controversy..:p ;)

Off with his head!

I haven't seen them yet, but they are supposed to be the "successors" to the old "Make the Switch" commercials.

I can't wait to see the pro-PC spoof :D

No need to really turn it into a Mac vs PC Thread though.

The title, and the forum posted, pretain to the commercials.

OK, OK, maybe I'm just saying that so GM doesn't cut off my head :p

Seriously though, the commercials are sweet. I'm searching online for them to share....

I seen two of them last night

I was gonna make a thread about it but forgot to

Thought it was pretty funny but I hate macs

I just watched all of them on the Apple Website, good stuff indeed :)

You know what's amusing?

The ipod, people buy it for itunes and accessories.

I didn't need all that jazz else I woulda gotten one too. I am very happy with my x5.

Now, a PC has the SAME advantage over the mac's. Namely you have more parts/software and all that jazz available to you. Plus you can do almost anything you want. Apple's systems can probably do the same but they don't have it all.

Like the ipod v/s the rest, except in reverse.

It doesn't matter how trendy Apple wants to make their products seem, or how awesome the chassis may be. Only when they have compatability and the same kind of flexibility that regular pc's have will they really take off.

Misleading and blatantly false ads are an apple hallmark, so be it. One of these days, I am hoping for a lovely class-action lawsuit.

:smoker:

So true, the other day i had to use a apple laptop.....what a waste.. i hated that thing. It only has one mouse button.

Sazar said:
Now, a PC has the SAME advantage over the mac's. Namely you have more parts/software and all that jazz available to you. Plus you can do almost anything you want. Apple's systems can probably do the same but they don't have it all.

I do believe the PC's primary advantage is that it has more hardware and software available to it. Now with the switch to Intel, that will gradually change and will be much less of an issue. Having heavy experience on both sides now, I can say that I prefer the lack of compatibility because I can still do more, more easily, with my Mac then I could do on my PC.

In regards to the commercials specifically, when did advertising stop stretching the truth about products? News to me. ;)

I think that the fact that Apple have no experience with dealing with viruses and the like is going to be their achilles heel.

If you want to bitch and moan about Apple (or Microsoft for that matter) then sod off into a different thread. This was created by kcnychief as a discussion regarding the new adverts, not a bitching protest. So grow up.

Personally, I thought the ads were an amusing bit of fun. Much better than the recently (rather petty) Intel ad, and more entertaining than the previous switch adverts.

^^^^Direct and to the point as always, well said :)

I have seen more of these adverts on TV the last few days. Although I have seen them all thanks to Kunal's link, they really were well done :)

I want more!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back