PC to PC transfer

C

Captmatrix

Anyone know how I can transfer files from my laptop to my desktop via parallel connection? Do I need software? I have it hooked up but can't seem to network.

When I used to do that back in the day of 95 and 3.1, I used a prog called Lap Link Pro. Windows might be able to do it with something built in, but I'm not too sure. If both computers have a network card, go buy yourself a cross-over cable and connect through that, it would be tons faster.

Hey...just get something called a crossover cable. If both computers have ethernet cards then you can use a crossover cable to create a network between the two. It basically allows you to bypass the need of getting a hub to create a network between 2 computers. Then just run through the windows steps of creating a network (network wizard). i believe there is a way of creating a network with parallel ports, but I am not familiar with this...something to with hyperterminal I believe.

hope this helps

If you have an internet connection to both computers use a
Prog called Laplink Everywhere.. Easiest of all..

shoebooty

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back