PC to Laptop

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
I just got a new laptop on friday. I want to transfer some files from my PC to the laptop using the network cable i use for my Cable Modem. Well, before i even ask, Is that even possible using the network cable, or do i need a certain kind of network cable to do that? And if i can do it with the cable modem's network cable, what is the easiest way to configure the two to be able to share the files?

you won't manage it with a standard network cable, you need a crossover cable to connect two machines directly.

Do you a a burner in the pc? is so might be easier to just burn the files and copy on to laptop.

that's just the thing. right now my CD burner is on the fritz. if you go into the general Hardware forums or search for it, the thread i made titled "CD burner problem. Need help" describes the problem.

If you can borrow a HUB from someone you can plug the PC and Laptop into the hub and they can talk.

Use a crossover cable to connect the two boxes together, then assign static IP addresses to each one, and they should be able to communicate. Just map the drives, and you're set. :)

n/m, i figured out why my CD-RW drive didn't work. If you wanna see how much of an idiot i feel like i've made myself, go check the thread i told you about in the last post.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back