PC shuts down instead of reboot

OSNN Junior Addict
When I reboot my computer it shuts down instead. It happened after installing an application Puresight content filter. Didn't help uninstalling the application.

there's an option somewhere...

I suspect that app has changed it. I can imagine this is somewhat annoying too.

Only trouble is I cannot remember where! :dead:

But I have one suggestion - instead of the uninstall what does a system restore to before the app do? Can you try that and post back?

Yes, its really annoying. Even turn on/off button on my PC won't turn it back on, I have to unplug my PC from wall jack, in order make the button work or turn back on. My system restore is turned off, hope you remember that fix. Speaking of the power button, could the cause be in the BIOS?

...could the cause be in the BIOS?

yes - nearly mentioned that - but it is quite unusual for an app install to affect your BIOS settings! However check them out and report back... again....
[edit] oh yeah and consider turning back on your system restore? You can always reduce the amount of disc for it if that is a problem to you[/edit]

I defaulted the BIOS still no fix. What else I could check?
System restore? no I rather use a ghost image.

You may be having a critical error during shutdown which causes XP to reboot.

Right-click My Computer > Properties
Click the Advanced tab and then click the Settings button found in the Startup and Recovery section. Untick the Automatically Restart check box so if it is a critical error causing the reboot you will see the error message. The message may be in event viewer too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back