PC reboots after shut down

S

spycon69

Have recently installed TV tuner card. Do not know if this caused it but computer reboots after shut down.

Pls help...:(

To see if that is your problem take it out again & boot up. If the problem is gone then try getting all the updates for xp for your tv tuner card.

Posted by Hipster Doofus
To see if that is your problem take it out again & boot up. If the problem is gone then try getting all the updates for xp for your tv tuner card.

thanx...i'll try it

No luck. Tried to update drivers as well. Pc shows blue screen after shut down to check bios updates etc.

Thanks i'll try it....looks like it can provide some help...

I have un-checked "Restart computer" in case of failure in the Control Panel/System/Advanced settings and now it does not restart but after shut down/saving your settings I get blue screen.

Any help ?

To continue from previous message...the blue screen says something about bios update & restarting windows in safe mode. Finally as reference file appears the file:

hsf_cnxt.sys

If you can get the exact error message that would be good to getting the problem solved.

Have you ever flashed your bios?

A couple of questions:

1) What Mother Board are you using?
2) Which TV tuner card?

Also any other information about your system that you might think would be helpful to solve your problem.

:D

The following appear in the "blue screen"

"A problem has been detected & windows has been shut down to prevent damage. Check to be sure u have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message disable it or check for update. Check with your hardware vendor for bios updates. Disable memory options such as caching or shadowing. If u need to use safe mode to remove or disable components press F8 and then advanced startup option and then select safe mode.
Technical info STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xf41b1941, 0xf9e6g9a40, 0xf9e69740)
HSF_CNXT.sys - address F41B1941 BASE AT F4133000, PAGESTAMP 3C45B01B"

I would appreciate any help you can provide
regards

Originally posted by spycon69
The following appear in the "blue screen"

"A problem has been detected & windows has been shut down to prevent damage. Check to be sure u have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message disable it or check for update. Check with your hardware vendor for bios updates. Disable memory options such as caching or shadowing. If u need to use safe mode to remove or disable components press F8 and then advanced startup option and then select safe mode.
Technical info STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xf41b1941, 0xf9e6g9a40, 0xf9e69740)
HSF_CNXT.sys - address F41B1941 BASE AT F4133000, PAGESTAMP 3C45B01B"

I would appreciate any help you can provide
regards

m/b is ABIT KG7VE
tv tuner is Pixelview TV XP with latest drivers

spycon69 have you flashed the bios?

HSF_CNXT.sys looks like it could have something to do with the modem.

You could go into the device manager. Right click my computer/properties/hadware/device manager. Find the modem, right click on it & choose disable. See how the computer goes. Of course you won't be able to surf but if it behaves then the modem is the problem. If not just go back to device manager & re-enable it.

Havent flashed the bios yet since it all started when installed the new tv tuner card. I'll try disabling the modem...see what happens.

many thanks

I have disabled the modem from control panel & the option "Restart in every failure" is un-checked in the advanced settings. Pc keeps rebooting after shut down :-(

Only other thing I can think of then is to flash the bios. Yell out if you need help.

Best thing to do would be to start a new thread. Maybe 'Help - Bios Upgrade'. Something like that. You should get quite a bit of help then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back