• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PC Performance Analyser

K

Kahuna

The MadOnion HalfLife PC performance analyzer is a crock.

I have a AMD XP 1.9 w/ 512 megs of DDR, and a GeForce IV and the benchmarks have me at about 25% better than the minimum computer requirements for halflife.

I think this is a decent computer and runs everygame full visuals with decent FPS and no jittering.

Of course they recommend I get the Gateway 2.5 gig machine with an insane amount of RAM like this would make the gaming any better on HalfLife.

Just a lame sales ploy.

S

stuy_b

I've spoken to many high ups in the IT industry..

They DONT use ANY of the madonion benchmark programs, as they say.. ".. its not a true real-world test..". -- from the horses mouth so to speak.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Yes definatly a sales technique. Shame MadOnion got roped into doing it...

Nice to see that my XP 1700+ and GeForce3 make a better gaming system than a 2.4gig Pentium IV with a GeForce2... lol

S

stuy_b

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Yes definatly a sales technique. Shame MadOnion got roped into doing it...

Nice to see that my XP 1700+ and GeForce3 make a better gaming system than a 2.4gig Pentium IV with a GeForce2... lol
well of course it would its got GF3!! :rolleyes:

S

stuy_b

it may not be using all the GF3s power, but it will be doing it quicker than a GF2.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
With the frame rate limit on Half-life I don't see how it will make any difference!

I just went from a GeForce2 MX to a GeForce3 and notice no difference in Half-Life, tho of course there is an enormous difference in othr applications..

Don't understand why they would release a Half-Life one now, perhaps if it was RTCW or Medal Of Honour that would be a little more understandable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge