PC ---> PC How do you connect them VIA TCP/IP

• Thread starter Cannibal Corpse
  • Start date
C

Cannibal Corpse

OK folks, I have 2 PCs, equipped with NIC cards each and I am using a 10/100 HUB:

PC #1:
IP address to 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway

PC #2:
IP Address is:

Subnet Mask

Default Gateway

When I attemp to connect, they don't seem to see or "sniff" each other out, I know there is something missing since when I ping, I get connection timed out.

Please provide assistance.

Sounds good to me...

Anyway, are the NIC and hub lights on? Any activity during ping?

To be honest, the 2nd PC is actually my Xbox

I am trying to accomplish this:

http://www.xbox-saves.com/index.php?category=faq

http://evox.xboxhackz.net/evox/guid...networking.html

And yes, I am thinking about getting a cross-over cable insetad

I just went out and purchased a cross-over cable (to bypass my HUB altogether), and followed this instruction to the T, but still when I PING my Xbox form my PC, I get the Request Timed Out message.

Instructions:
1. The first step is to make sure you PC has a static internal IP address. Go into your NIC's TCP/IP Properties, and check off "Use the Following IP address:". Next, where it says IP address, enter: 192.168.0.1. Where it says Subnet Mask, enter: 255.255.255.0. Click on Ok, and exit.

2. If you have loaded the EvolutionX dashboard onto your Xbox, and you want to assign your Xbox a Static IP, go into Network, and under Static IP, enter: 192.168.0.x (where x is a number from 2 - 255). For the Default Gateway, enter: 192.168.0.1.

3. If, however, you are using ICS or Winroute on your main PC, you already have a DHCP server, and it really isn't necessary to load the EvolutionX dashboard onto your Xbox HDD So in this case, the IP assigned to the Xbox by the DHCP server (on your computer) will be done automatically each time the Xbox is turned on. In other words, the Xbox will be assigned a dynamic IP, which will be different each time the Xbox is turned on. The only way to have a static IP on the Xbox is to follow step 2.

Would you please help out? I mean I can’t understand what is wrong in my settings.

Many thanks in advance.

p.s. consider this help as a B-Day gift!

It is my B-Day today!

I am running XP Pro on my PC, and I am using cross-over instead to bypass the HUB altogether, but with no luck. my PC simply won't "sniff" the Xbox, (even when I PING its IP via CMD PROMPT)

Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
It is my B-Day today!
Weeee, congrats! *celebrates*

Now try this:
1. Turn on ICS on your Internet interface on your computer (you have two interfaces, yes?). The other interface will get 192.168.0.1 as IP.
2. Reboot the XBOX. As you stated above the XBOX should now have received an IP. Check so that it has.
3. Everything should be fine and the XBOX should be able to access the network.

The above is based on your network looking like this:
XBOX------Computer------Internet

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back