Pc Keeps Restarting

kingsam

OSNN Addict
Help,since thsi evening,when i use my card reader(on my epson cx6600),and or if i plug my digital camera in,windows says found new drive,the removal drive etc,then it says hardware installed,then the pc restarts.I was all working fine yesterday,i have xp pro sp2,NAV2005,zone alarm,and adware 1.05.Everything else works ok.Any help please....thanks :(

did u just install sp2 because theres a problem with that addressed on the front page

Update

i got a blue screen this time with an error message:IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL
STOP 0X000000A,0X0000000B0,ETC ETC
MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE.?
I HAVE ASUS A7N8 DELUXE,3.2G ATHLON,2X512 DDR3200 COSAIR,IBM 120GB 7200 8MB,ATI 9800SE ALL IN WONDER 128MB,PIONEER 108 DVDRW,PLEXTOR CDRW,EPSON CX6600 USB,LOGITECH W/LESS KEY/MOUSE,AUDIGY 2 S/CARD.

kingsam said:
EH?i havent got A clue what your on about mate. :confused:
he's asking if you just installed service pack 2, because some programs cause windows to restart after the installation of service pack 2. you can try uninstalling service pack 2 then uninstalling the camera and other things that are causing the computer to restart, reinstall sp2 and then reinstall the programs

kingsam said:
i got a blue screen this time with an error message:IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL
STOP 0X000000A,0X0000000B0,ETC ETC
MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE.?
I HAVE ASUS A7N8 DELUXE,3.2G ATHLON,2X512 DDR3200 COSAIR,IBM 120GB 7200 8MB,ATI 9800SE ALL IN WONDER 128MB,PIONEER 108 DVDRW,PLEXTOR CDRW,EPSON CX6600 USB,LOGITECH W/LESS KEY/MOUSE,AUDIGY 2 S/CARD.
might just be a memory buffer overflow

pc restarting

uninstalled sp2,reinstalled epson/camera software,checked my memory all fine,but still keeps restarting....Running out of ideas.Help. :confused:

well you could go all the way..........and reinstall XP. i didn't think so :)

hmmmm tricky problem.
memory dump? could be a virus, but yiu say you hav naz05, may be your ram.

keeps restarting

Its not the ram,i just been i borrowed some new ddr corsair& kingston and the same thing keeps happening...I dont want to do a reinstall if poss. :confused:

pc restarting

My nav2005 is upto date,also winxp,what do you mean settings for handling drives.....Can you explain please.thanx :confused:

kingsam, was there a driver listed in that stop message? If so that will usally give you a hint of what is causing the trouble. Here is MS help page on that stop error with some troubleshooting tips.

it was a umax snaaer driver not, a camera which caused the restarts

Elektro Slime said:
well you could go all the way..........and reinstall XP. i didn't think so :)

hmmmm tricky problem.
memory dump? could be a virus, but yiu say you hav naz05, may be your ram.
no what are you talking about memory dump isn't a virus, it's a kind of overflow. Here is a definition of dump from webopedia. But you don't have to reinstall XP that would take around 30minutes or so a waste of time

pc restarting

Thanks for all the advice,but i just popped in my local pc shop & asked advice,and he sugguested that i uninstall everything related to USB,so i did,and let windows reinstall all of it again....And it worked.Usb problem...never heard of that before,anyway thanks for all the advice people.Thanx :)

kingsam said:
Usb problem...never heard of that before...
Lucky :p USB can have problems just like anything else when it comes to computers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back