pc keeps crashing while playing mohaa

C

C-O-R-E-Y

Hi,
As I use windows xp I decied to post this question on windows xp.
I'm having some problems running Medal Of Honor on Windows XP, the game keeps crashing over and over and I can't find out what is the problem. What I just know is that while i'm playing the game simply stops responding and then it appears that comon window of windows saying that the following app has crahsed and I need to close it and restart if I want to play again. The next time I start mohaa it asks me if I want to play in safe mode. The first time this appeared I choosed yes and all the options for the game were at minimum so I puted them all to maximum, as they was, and I don't know if because I have puted everything at maximum I wasn't anymore in safe mode, if you know what I mean. But the game crashed anyway in safe mode. I'm gettin tired of this crashing over and over cuz this game is so coll and I want to play it nicely and not with crashes and then I have to restart the game cuz it's really boring, enjoing a game and than it crashes...

So can any one help me?

Here's my computer specs in case you need to know anything:
- Pentium III 800MHz
- Geforce 2 MX400 64Mb
- 128 RAM (I know it's not enough for windows xp, but I don't have any money for it right now)
- Running windows xp pro
- SoundBlaster Live! Player 1024
- 40Gb 7200rpm hard drive, more then 20Gb free
- I have installed the last nvidia drivers.

One last note: When I could exit the game without crashing, after playing, there was the yellow icon with the exclamation point on the systemtray and someone told me to put the virtaul memory to a maximum of 500 and a minimum of 499 for my system so i puted like that and I haven't seen it anymore but does my problem as anythin to do with the memory?

Thanks in advance.

ok..i'm not sure of the exact reason for your crash but I will let you know that there is NO WAY you will EVER be able to play MOHAA with all options at maximum on your system...You just don't have NEARLY the power for it. The Geforce 2 mx alone won't allow you to have all at maximum and the 800mhz pentium and only 128mb of ram makes it worse....

You might try lowering the settings you are using and trying a different resolution to see if that gets rid of the crash. You might just be crashing from the pure fact that you have everything set to maximum and the game is basically unplayable

I really dont thin k its an xp problem. I play this game religiously. Probably at least 10-15 hours a week while I am laid off. I dont have this problem at all. Runs flawlessly. I am using a 32meg video card no less. But, I am running a 1.2 proccesor and 768 megs of ram. I would have to say that this is not a winxp problem :( I wishi I could offer more help than this..but something over there isnt right and god knows what it is at this point :(

Originally posted by Qumahlin
...there is NO WAY you will EVER be able to play MOHAA with all options at maximum on your system...You just don't have NEARLY the power for it. The Geforce 2 mx alone won't allow you to have all at maximum and the 800mhz pentium and only 128mb of ram makes it worse....

I'm sorry but you are very wrong, I can assure you that I have everything I can see in the options and in the advanced options at the maximum and I can play the game very well indeed without slow performance, the game runs very very smooth, besides the crash problem the other one I have is after loading a game or in the middle of the game, the game stops ofr a few seconds to load some parts of the game but that I know it's because the 128ram I only have, I need to get more I know. But once again I tell you that I can play the game with all the options and advanced options at the maximum that appears on that menus with a res of 1024x768 cuz my monitor doesn't supports more than that. If you still don't believe what proofs do you need?

I already had that audial option turned off and my game didn't ever started to connect to the internet while i'm playing or when I just runed the game

memory

if you have everything maxed in mohaa, and u only have 128 meg ram, that is your problem. you need more memory. also,try some diff nvidia drivers, the latest official, 23.11 blows. im using 21.85
and my mohaa runs great.;)

http://www.3dnews.ru/download/drivers/nvidia/

you can get all kinds of nvidia drivers here.

hmm

I crank the poo poo out of my games. The game will not let you apply settings that your hardware will not handle. Such as, my vid card will not do 64 bit colors. Ergo, my settings will only go to 32 bits. Jesus, quit whining about the settings. If you can offer a solutin for the problem, speak up. If you cant, go play a quick game of 'hide and go seek'

lol, 64bit? lol, lmao 32bit is the highest any graphics card i know of will go. is there an option in mohaa to use 64bit color? i think u trippin on crack...

by the way u need to quit watching or listening to george carlin hes makin you a rude dude.lolololol.

Ah, yes. The initial problem. I can see how your previous post offered insightful and constructive content to alleviate such problems.

lol, i already gave my thoughts to C-O-R-E-Y.....

lol as for mocking? ur the only one i mocked fool, and that was because you were running your mouth talkin crap and didnt even know what you were saying,i mean cmon, telling people to quit whining is not you offering any intelligent anything, you were the one whinning, lol. and u saying ur card wont do 64bit, lol jeese.
you shouldnt be giving anyone advice dude. and then you try to cover by calling it an elaboration? haha, nothing else in your post
showed any elaboration, so why would you expect someone to
think of it that way, all the words before made you sound stupid,
so what else is anyone gonna think. lol

yea i shouldnt have said @#$% about your stupidity, but well
i just cant help myself. lol like my feelings are hurt so bad by the fact you sound like a total idiot telling people to fuk off.
i mean do you actually think it makes you look cool, lol

my final words for your yankee tech wanna be booty is, I WOULD NOT TAKE ANY ADVICE FROM SOMEONE TELLING EVERYONE TO QUIT WHINING, AND TO BUZZ OFF. THAT WOULD JUST BE PLAIN STUPID.IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT PEOPLE GOT TO SAY YOU HIT THE BACK BUTTON!!!!! CAUSE YOU STARTED THE BS. AND NOW I FINISHED IT. SO DONT CRY...WAVE YOUR HANDS AND SAY GOODBY.

;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back