pc is too secure :p

R

r3n3gad3

hey all - i'm having a problem with windows networking where everyone who wants to gain access to my pc (via lan) needs a login, and as i dont have a pass for my admin ... lol, what could the pass be - or do i need to create a username or something?

also, i am wanting to set up an FTP on this pc - does anyone have any suggestions for appz to use?

For FTP G6 is my favourite Server - easy to use also

http://www.gene6.com/g6ftpd/

Regarding people having to logon to your machine each time - Are they actually logging on to a LAN ?

Create an account for each user, then when they logon to the network they automatically get access to your Shares on your Machine

no, not loggin on to the network as such... i mean, like if ya do this:

Network > Entire Network > Windows Network > <workgroup> > MAIN (pc i'm having probs with) >

when it gets to here it asks to logon to the machine, if u did get wat i was saying before - sorry :p

but how do i create users?

if you enable guest access then they can type whatever they like into the box to get access (meaning anyone on the lan can access it) then if you don't want people loging in locally as guest you can disable it in gpedit.msc (they can access shares on network). Or you can add users in compmgmt.msc

G6=best ftp server...

<Message edited to remove "Warez" references, which are against XP-erience.org policy>

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back