PC ID Number

B

Baldor_Cone

I have some Building Automation Software that uses PCID number in its registration. I have recently formatted and my PCID number has changed. Can I change it back so I can reuse my registration.
Thanks

Are you talking about the computer name that is given by the software of the operating system when you installed it or the name of a hard drive or what?????

Another thing, if this is software from a cd rom you're trying to install then it wont matter what the pc identification number is because there is no way your cd reader could write to the cdrom to tell it what the original number was. If this software is on a floppy then go to the manufatures web site and request another copy of it or a way around this.

The Program comes up with the PC's ID number... not sure where it get's it, my guess is the OS, because if I uninstall and reinstall the software, it remains the same, but if I format C: and reinstall the OS the PC ID # changes...

I agree with you, it has nothing to do with the software cd, and it's not a name persay it's a number here's an example... 1745744762

Hope this helps.

Does the software (the cad program or “the building automation software”) you’re trying to install require a dongle (something that stops your software from running unless it’s installed; sometimes a device attached to a parallel port, sometimes a pre-required floppy)?

No, no external devices... it will run without being registered but will shut down after 8 hrs and will not allow you to apply service packs (or patches)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back