pc freezes during gaming!!!!!

N

nxtno1

Whats up, I hope someone can help me out.I have been gaming on this machine for about a year...amd 1800, visiontek geforce 4600, asus a7v266-e, 512 ocz tech 2700 ddr , IBM 100 gig about 1 month old, I have the latest drivers for my video and the via chipset, my temps are fine, i am playing mohaa spearhead and ut2003 they started freezing after about 5 minutes of play and I cant figure it out . Is my video card goin bad ?I would appreciate any help thanks

Yeah I have all the patches and I have uninstalled and reinstalled both games

my pc freezes during games!!!!!

i have a amd 1800xp visiontek geforce 4 4600 512 ocztech ram asus a7v266-e all drivers are current , I play ut2003 and mohaa spearhead and about a week ago my pc freezes after about 5 mins of play. I would appreciate some help thanks

The CPU might be overheating, check the temperatures.

Also, do you have all the correct drivers for the video card?

Are the games in need of patches?

only on these games ? [ if so tried to reinstall one of them ? ]

I have all the patches for the games and the latest drivers for the VC and the via chipset my cpu temp is 117 118 most of the time I have reinstalled the games twice they are the only ones i have on my pc right now

Don't double post please

It is annoying, and people have to do the same work over twice. Choose either hardware or games.

Threads Merged

nxtno1: You only need to post you question once in one forum. If you're not sure which to post it in, choose one. If it's incorrect a mod will move it to the correct forum.

Have you tried using older drivers for your video card? Sometimes when people upgrade to the latest and greatest driver they experience problems.

I had a problem with freezing on my geForce4 and going into the BIOS and disabling the SDRAM 1T Command fixed it for me. If you don't have that option try disabling some RAM options and see if that helps. Also look for an updated BIOS for your video card and update Windows too with Windows Update.

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Threads Merged

nxtno1: You only need to post you question once in one forum. If you're not sure which to post it in, choose one. If it's incorrect a mod will move it to the correct forum.

Thank you Jewelzz.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back