pc clock

macromp

the retarded one
the time on my comp keeps getting faster, after about 24 hours it will have gained 2 minutes from somewhere and it's a pig having to change it back all the time, any ideas what could be wrong?

could be your CMOS battery. either that or your other clocks that you look at are slow. :D

lol, no all of my other clocks are ok, right, where do i get one of them cmos batteries from? i don't think i should be allowed on computers! =\

any hardware store... its just a simple button battery. Open the case and look on the motherboard and you will see it ;)

yep, what theKore said. and if u can't find the only shiny button battery that is on the motherboard, then....... well.......... maybe your comment is right. :confused:

lol, yeah i know what it is, i just wondered if it was different to other batteries of that size...anyway, i'll see what happens, thanks.

P.S if i never make it back to this forum then you know i took the wrong thing out =P

I don't think changing batteries will help. Computer clocks drift, some pretty badly. I suggest you set XP to use the time update service to self-correct the time over the net once a week.

yeah it didn't used to, but since i had this motherboard it has, so i'll try the battery thing...it's set to synchronize anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back